Alienware's Dream Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vehementi

Saw Alienware's advertisement in yesterday's PCGamer, thought I would look into it more...

:eek:

Alienware Area 51-M

I want one! :eek:

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 2.4GHz 400MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache
Hi-Performance Heatsink/CPU Cooling Fan
Intel® 845MP+ICH3M Chipset - FC-PGA 478PIN DDR
512MB DDR PC-2100 - Two SO-DIMMs
40GB IBM Travelstar 4200 RPM ATA100
ATI Mobility RADEON 7500 64MB DDR
Sound-Blaster Compatible 3D Audio
3.5 3-Mode Floppy Disk Drive
8X DVD / 8x4x24 CD-RW w/Software MPEG2 Decoder
Integrated 10/100Mb Ethernet NIC
56K Modem with V.92 Technology
AlienAutopsy: Automated Technical Support Request System
Aliencare Toll-Free 1-Year 24/7 DEPOT Warranty
Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional
Personalized Owner's Manual
Optimized & Configured for High-Performance

I think Papa posted about it somewhere. He actually convinced one of his collegues to buy that thing.:eek:

I know a lot of things I would be doing if I had 3000$ & none of them would invovle computers.:rolleyes:

$3000...
Playboy playmates, Champagne and a hottub Didou?
I'll settle if my work finally get me a new Dell.
Should be 366PII 8mb Ati Rage Pro -> 1800PIV 64mb GF4GO 440
Inspiron 7000 -> Inspiron 8200 ;)
Wish they would hurry up so I can play games that run in 3d as ever since I had to upgrade to Win2k the Rage Pro can't run OpenGL or D3d due to a lack of drivers :(
Although if my work felt the need to splash out on one of those I wouldn't complain :p :D

I did search for it SNGX ;)

I didn't find anything because he never says 'Alienware' or 'Area 51-M' in that message....that's what I searched for.

The alien machine

I put the ol' Dell Inspiron to the test. I've had it now for three months. Just flew back from the Aleutians where I fish. Now evryone on the boat wants one of these. I watched movies, played evry game out at the time (Grecon, RTCW, MoH). Took a couple hundred digital pics (that was way fun), and was generally very pleased with this machine.

The alien machine web page says nothing about its display. I would think that would be an importent feature to mention. By the by, my display started to get a little wiggy after the initial flight to Homer, Ak. where I meet the boat. I hope Dell steps up and fixes it w/o to much hassle.

All in all I give this system 4 out of 5 stars. I had a few error messages generated that I believe are Windows XP problems.
Bottom line: I would not trade this in for a desktop. I really like it.

Man, I so want this laptop!!! I'm in college so I could put this this to some use, although 2.4GHZ worth of power is so awesome. This machine is way more powerful than my 1.4GHZ Athlon with 512MB of DDR memory!!! Haha. Anyway, all in favor of me blowing 3000 dollars and buying this post away!!!

I talked my buddy at work into ordering one of Alienware's 2.4 Ghz laptops - it should be here this week. I'll let you guys know how it is! Too bad you couldn't get it with a GeForce 4 440 Go or a mini PCI wireless card. Or even a better LCD that can do at least UXGA 1600. But we'll see soon!

Dang - repeated myself - maybe I should have just followed that link earlier.

LNCPapa

I here you LNCPapa. I want to see if they're going to release a better version with more features and the new 533 FSB with the 2.53 processor from Intel. Now that baby would fly!!! The wireless PCI card would also be a nice addition.

I also wish they would offer more video cards, specifically the GeForce 4 Go card. I wonder why they don't, if its a space problem or they have a deal with ATI or something, who knows???

After reading my last post I went over to my friend's place to customize a new Dell notebook. It was way cool but also way expensive. $4,000.00. That is so much money.

ALIENWARE AREA 51

THIS ALIENWARE LAPTOP IS THE BEST.

This is not a sales forum. If you have a valid offer, post it properly in the hot deals section.
Didou

Attachments

• alienware_area51m_blue.jpg
    alienware_area51m_blue.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back