TechSpot

Almost unusable Windows XP Professional, a lot of problems and errors

By mist_hero
Oct 1, 2008
  1. Windows XP Service Pack 3 RC
    Under Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz
    2GB of RAM

1st : Before any of this happened, i was playing a few mmos and whatnot (Not WoW). After some restart, computer suddenly just hangs and crashes upon start-up (or just loads rather slow.)
    I got chances and instances where i got my Process Explorer opened, saw that WinLogon.exe, svchost.exe, lsass.exe are all trying so hard to process lag the processor. for svchost.exe i noticed before this, it was starting iexplorer.exe, multiple instances of it... but i never see it on any of my active windows.

Currently i'm on UBCD4Win CD (booted from it... booting unto the WinXP installed on my C:\ is rather... hard) and trying to figure what the hell is wrong.

I can't enter safemode either.

I experienced this before, but only with Explorer.exe / taskmgr.exe lagging each other to hell -_- (it was fixed when i killed the threads of the ones lagging, removed this RavMonE.exe whatever it was, and restarted the process) it seems it has taken over that really vital program / services :/

I might point out that, the source of this is from autorun(s) of external harddrives...

2nd : anyways, i reinstalled Windows XP Service Pack 2 from my disc... and i got this dump message about my Video Driver not loading.... as on the dump.

Still and currently i cannot jump directly to my WinXP installation, still using UBCD4Win to... >_> yeah... get on the internet, minor things....

My uncle already said that they're going to reformat it... but i dislike reformats without knowing what was the problem's cause.

Anyways i await any one who has experienced this.

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

BugCheck B4 refers to Video driver fault
    Please update your Video drivers

3. mist_hero

mist_hero TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 18

will do... updating with Omega Nvidia Pack Drivers

EDIT

Unfortunately, i have no idea installing Video Drivers using UBCD4Win >_> directly into my C:\Windows installation... anyone help?

Also i might just reformat (back up games and files into a harddrive using UBCD4Win, then delete the entire partition) and reinstall windows (I'll grab my uncles' install disc)... *sigh*

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.