Alpha/numeric problem

learninmypc

I cannot find my previous thread on this same topic so I will ask again. I was doing a search this morning for "ap electoral college", but it came out in alphanumeric characters. I spent 3 hours in here going thru my past posts but nothing. My question is what causes it?
I know I typed the correct words because I use the hunt & peck systen aka The Biblical Seek & ye shall find :)
As in the last thread, I got impatient & reset it. I keep the Acer laptop updated & clean of nasties. Thanks for your input :)

CLARIFICATION, when I typed in "ap electoral college" , it was in alphanumeric characters, not the search results.

In the above post, I typed in the first 10 (10) letters of the alphab et, you see the outcome. I did go into the Control Panel & it says everything is working fine, I know better, thanks :)

Debris under the keys, corrosion of the connector pads on flat ribbon cables, bad keyboard, and lastly, mysterious forces spreading through the galaxy.
I forgot to say when it happened before, I reset it to factory & all was fine for a while, I just don't feel like resetting every few months.

Brand new, huh.... possible manufacturing defect (I.e., connection might have come loose). My son (the IT grad) has fun with changing the binding for keys. So this translation table (which makes a pressed "E" print "E", etc) can get 'modified'.

I wonder if DISM could do the trick ( https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image ). Might be easier than a reset.
To the best of my knowledge, I did the DISM things & passed yet I typed out the first ten in the alphabet & it messed up so started the MediaCreationtool many hours ago , waiting for it to finish

It finally finished downloading, now it shows Downloading Windows 10. Fingers crossed, Gosh, could of reset it in an hour but am curious :)

In this thread I put a link to this laptop in it. Control panel says it’s working fine but I know better. In the 3 times I’ve Reset it, I have seen the option to use a different keyboard but did not do so.

Well, now I'm puzzled & angry. Turned my laptop on this morning , did a google search & when the results came up garbled, I saw once again the search was alpha/numeric. I got much angrier & reset it again.
NO food or drink is allowed anywhere near this Acer laptop, what could be causing this crap to happen? I will never buy/accept another Acer because of this shyt :poop::poop::mad:

Based on your examples you appear to have enabled the number pad on your keyboard.
You just need to disable Num Lock to be able to type normally again.

Back