Alternative uses for Scanners...

Spike

Just watch this small video - yes it's for real as far as I can make out from a brief look at the page the vid is linked from. lol

http://www.ghana-projects.de/scanjet-elise2.mpg

Anyone who has an appropriate scanner and knows a little can do the same apparently by going here

It's a mad mad world. My only question has to be that of just why the designers built in such a command!?!? Probably one of the best easter eggs I've heared of for a while.

That is pretty cool.

I was watching a diggnation video podcast from a couple or 3 weeks ago and some dude had a big scanner like that one in the vid, and turned it into a insane megapixel camera. With the nature of the scanner's behavior and the time delay he was able to take some really creepy and cool looking pictures. Anyone else see that?

Didn't see it, but it sounds pretty cool. It would be nice if anybody cold post a link.

Spike said:
Didn't see it, but it sounds pretty cool. It would be nice if anybody cold post a link.
Was busy this morning and didn't have time to get a link.

I have one now here is the main page and here is the gallery of the creepy looking pictures I mentioned.

Found another site with pictures and more about the cameras, up to 115 MegaPixels.

Wow! That just rocks. I think I'm going to give that one a try myself. Thanks SNGX :) very much appreciated.

That's VERY cool!!
I just happen to have an un-used scanner,
I wonder if I could do time lapse star pics!?

Seems very basic to do.

Back