Amazon and Apple score big in customer satisfaction survey

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Amazon and Apple have topped ForeSee’s E-Retail Satisfaction Index for 2012. Apple saw their online website customer satisfaction score increase five points over last year’s ranking while Amazon once again earned first place honors.

Amazon ranked first overall with a total score of 89, topping last year’s first place finish by three points. With a score of 89, the online retail giant also set a new record for the highest score ever recorded by the research firm. Apple tied for second place with QVC.com with 85 points. A score of 80 or higher is considered to be superior, according to ForeSee.

amazon apple customer satisfaction

The once mighty Netflix has seen their score drop considerably over the past couple of years. The streaming media provider once posted a score of 87 but after the price hike and Quikster fiasco, that figure has since dropped to 81.

Other tech companies posted respectable scores as well, including Newegg with a rating of 82, Barnes & Noble at 86 and Best Buy / Dell / Shutterfly all posting a score of 80. Microsoft’s online score didn’t quite break the “superior” mark with a score of only 78.

"Any retailer falling significantly below 78 is risking loyalty, recommendations, sales, and market share to competitors who score higher," ForeSee said.

Data was collected from over 21,000 individuals that visited the top 100 retail websites. The index judges websites on the perception and fairness of prices, the overall variety and appeal of merchandise sold, how convenient and useful the website was to use and the accuracy and quality of information about items sold on each site.

Permalink to story.

What kind of ***** would vote for Apple?

They sell you their overpriced, badly made and badly designed crap, and the moment something goes wrong, they abandon you.

They constantly lie to customers about security breaches and other glitches in their products.

They also shamelessly and mercilessly rip you off when you buy their rubbish...

What kind of ***** would vote for Apple?

They sell you their overpriced, badly made and badly designed crap, and the moment something goes wrong, they abandon you.

They constantly lie to customers about security breaches and other glitches in their products.

They also shamelessly and mercilessly rip you off when you buy their rubbish...

Its called Marketing. The have the casual user believe they are selling gold bars.

It's not easy to admit you're a smuck, so you continue to vote Apple as the best, regardless.

Apple haters are worse then the lovers. I don't love my Ipad and my iphone, but I did choose them because they serve me perfectly. Nothing more, nothing less. The iCry crowd just have never owned something from apple they liked. Oh well, life goes on.

Amazon and Apple have topped ForeSee's E-Retail Satisfaction Index for 2012. Apple saw their online website customer satisfaction score increase five points over last year's ranking while Amazon once again...
Who the hell makes a comparison this bizarre in the first place? Amazon and Apple have almost zero in common between their business models. Apple is a manufacturer, Amazon is a retailer, the cyber w**re of all product. How much garbage did you have to sell to be brought into the statistics. I can pull at least a dozen Etailers off the top of my head, and be honest in saying, "I'm 100% satisfied the way they've treated me, I'd buy from them again without hesitation, and I'd recommend them to my friends"! (*)

(*) (Assuming I had friends, in the first place).

The better question is who would vote for Amazon? I bet they have 1000's of pages with downright wrong info on them and they are too lazy to fix them..probably hoping to rip customers off.

....[ ]....The iCry crowd just have never owned something from apple they liked. Oh well, life goes on.
Brush up on your verb tenses a bit. In my case you might go with, "never would own anythng from Apple". After which, liked or disliked becomes sort of irrelevant. I'm too grossed out by their advertising, and that of their telecom partners, to entertain the purchase of an Apple product.

Back