TechSpot

Amazon Kindle Fire HD refresh to mix high-end specs, affordable price

By Jos
Jul 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Amazon’s next-generation Kindle Fire tablets are set to arrive this fall. But whereas past devices have focused primarily on value, with mid range internals capable of handling most tablet-centric tasks, this time around the company is pulling the big guns....

Read more

2. I don't get why is hard to mantain that price when you can get 9.7 inch chinese tablets with specs like those for less than 230 dollars.

3. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,021   +913

I think I would go for a Nexus 7 over this. I hope they dont screw up.

4. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 981   +31

I usually go for small and light devices, and I love my Nexus 7, but a recent encounter with a Nook HD+ made me feel that the larger screen does have its advantages for content consumption. I'll be waiting to see how the 8.9" Kindle turns out, in particular in terms of size and weight.

5. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,686   +86

These are made for the Amazon Prime Services to use with Kindle so these tablets are not like your Clone Android tablets or Nexus 7 (ASUS) tablet. Can't really compare they all run Android so. I have Amazon Prime but won't buy this tablet since too me my Toshiba Thrive ICS with Tegra 2 inside still does a great job. Battery life is excellent with the IPS 10.1-inch panel. If you attach Microlab B51 made for Tablets boost the audio output to 4 watts = 2x 2 watts.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.