AMD A6-3650 power supply requirement

bangs777

Hi,this is for a friend who is interested in buying an AMD A6-3650. The power for the processor is listed as 100w.I want to know what will be the minimum power requirement without any GPU attached.It will be of great help since we wanna cut cost to the most affordable one.

In a standard setup with no-GPU one or two HDDs, one or two ODDs a 300w should be sufficient however I would be hesitant to build any system with less than a 400w and preferably a 500w just because there isn't that much of a price difference and it gives you room for future upgradeability.

For budget PSUs I usually recommend these:
Antec VP-450 = $40 (This is a true budget / low end unit, It is decent for the money but I would recommend the others I listed over it. unless you have a really tight budget)
Antec NEO ECO 400C = $45
Antec NEO ECO 520C = $50
Antec EarthWatts Green EA-430D = $55
FSP Group SAGA+ 500R = $57 (this is good but it is an older model so it doesn't have very many SATA power connectors)
Antec BP550 Plus =$65 (modular if that is important to you)

Almost all of the newer Antecs are made by Delta or Seasonic so they are very good PSUs. Some people recommend the Corsair Builder series in this price range, however the builder series is made by Channel Well Technologies (CWT) which has a less than stellar record and I still don't really trust.

hi got the similar setup with an A8-3850 and a MSI A-55 motherboard with a good 400w PSU from circle:raw power series(you guys mustn't have heard about it)with 77% capacity output,System works around 2 hours,suddenly stops,no more booting tried reinstalling,system stops running while installing after around 30 minutes,at last system doesn't even start up.I fear it could be the power supply?kindly suggest.The PSU seems to be efficient enough:could it be some of the peripherals defect?the sooner the reply,it would help my friend.

Back