AMD and Nvidia launch new game bundles for CPUs and GPUs

Scorpus

Staff member

It's been a while since either AMD or Nvidia have bundled a game with the purchase of a processor or graphics card, but both companies have resurrected the deal this week to coincide with the launch of new triple-A titles.

AMD is bundling Deus Ex: Mankind Divided with any purchase of a six- or eight-core FX processor between now and November 14th. It seems as though AMD has some remaining FX inventory in the lead up to Zen's launch, and this bundle should help to clear out some of the four-year-old parts.

Taking a quick look at Newegg reveals that not every FX processor comes with a bundled game, however the cheapest model – the $99 AMD FX-6300 – is included in the promotion. Considering Mankind Divided retails for $60 through Steam, you're essentially getting an AMD CPU for just $40 when you purchase that particular part.

Nvidia is bundling in-game credit for Epic Games' upcoming free-to-play MOBA Paragon with most of the company's mid-to-high-end graphics cards and mobile GPUs. The entire GeForce 10 series is eligible, along with the GeForce GTX 970 or higher, and GTX 970M laptops or higher. The one notable exception here is the new and old Titan X, which are not part of the promotion.

This bundle includes 1000 Paragon Coins, seven Hero Master Challenges, and two character skins for Paragon, totaling "$115 of in-game value". Nvidia is only running the Paragon promotion between now and September 16th.

Permalink to story.

Yeah just think how expensive this kind of power was 5 years ago. And you think the cards are expensive now. Unlike the games, cards are actually getting better.

Game bundling always comes in front of the storm ...

The storm of brutally low sales.

Game bundling always comes in front of the storm ...

The storm of brutally low sales.

I can see why you would say that, but in this case I don't think there is risk of that to the new GPUs - they seem solid.

This kind of gimmicky marketing tactic might work on some people but it would never woo me. They can stuff the free games and rather reduce the price of their product by the games value, now that would appeal to me. The same applies when it comes to celebrity branded stuff as well.

This kind of gimmicky marketing tactic might work on some people but it would never woo me. They can stuff the free games and rather reduce the price of their product by the games value, now that would appeal to me. The same applies when it comes to celebrity branded stuff as well.

Its a smart marketing gimmick if its a popular game though. if someone is looking to buy, and don't have a preference about the hardware, they would probably prefer to get a bonus they are already interested in or heard about... people love "free".

the in-game currency feels far cheesier than an actual game though. but again, if you were already leaning towards that game or just looking for a perk when buying something you were already going to buy... they will choose that over another product.

its pretty simply

So Nvidia's is bundling with their new video cards, while AMD is bundling with their old CPUs.... Looks like there are 2 different strategies in play here.

Problem is, buying a 4-year old AMD CPU and expecting it to run a new AAA title well is fraught with peril.... Unless you're putting an Nvidia card inside - getting 2 games :)

So Nvidia's is bundling with their new video cards, while AMD is bundling with their old CPUs.... Looks like there are 2 different strategies in play here.

Problem is, buying a 4-year old AMD CPU and expecting it to run a new AAA title well is fraught with peril.... Unless you're putting an Nvidia card inside - getting 2 games :)

Zen is coming so AMD has to get rid of the old parts. Besides in dx12 and vulkan fx8350 is on part with i5s and i7. Tho FX processors is largely under-powered in old dx11 games. And the educated people will know that, and chose wisely. Mankind Divided is a great game for it's a great value oriented bundle.

nVidia doing bundle is kinda strange considering their cards are selling very well. My guess is since pascal's dx12 performance is somewhat lacking and flat out piss poor in Vulkan, I think nVidia is trying to get people to buy their 3gb (lol) gtx 1060. And 3gb is plenty for Mobas.

Every time I buy an NVIDIA card, it either doesn't have a game (and promos come out later), or has trash like this.

The trend continues..

Lol - did you actually read that page? It was someone asking if it was worth it to "upgrade" from sandy bridge to AMD - and most people said don't do it!

lol did you even read my post? I was merely replying to someone who thinks because of a processor that says Intel on it, it's automatically better.

lol did you even read my post? I was merely replying to someone who thinks because of a processor that says Intel on it, it's automatically better.
Lol - I never said that... I said that the old Athlon can't even compete with the i3.... You replied with "clearly better than the i7"...

Stop trolling and go away.

Lol - I never said that... I said that the old Athlon can't even compete with the i3.... You replied with "clearly better than the i7"...

Stop trolling and go away.

Yep you linked saying fx cant even beat an i3 in 1 benchmark I showed you fx just slapped an i7 in a a different benchmark... nice try.

GG, please stop trolling.

Except that my link proved what I said and yours didn't...

Stop trolling please. Yours showed i3 outperformed fx in a test mine showed fx pwning i7 in the other. What's so hard to understand.

Please stop trolling. I will go ahead and block you now. Stop wasting my time. /sigh

Stop trolling please. Yours showed i3 outperformed fx in a test mine showed fx pwning i7 in the other. What's so hard to understand.

Please stop trolling. I will go ahead and block you now. Stop wasting my time. /sigh
Please do block me.... For the record, my link went to a Techspot article that showed in MULTIPLE benchmarks how the AMD couldn't match the i3...

Your link went to a forum with a user asking if it was worth it to upgrade his sandy bridge processor... The replies were, at best, mixed, and showed cherry-picked benchmarks with overclocked AMDs marginally outperforming 5-year old processors... Who's trolling who?

Edit: I see you edited your link to just show the cherry-picked benchmark - not the forum and replies saying how it wasn't a true representation of anything... nice try :)

Last edited:
Back