AMD cpu + intel Graphics = incompatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an AMD athalon 900 and just recently bought an intel 740 graphics card from a friend who owns a shop and had one to give away. he had no drivers for it and i had to take off the heat sink to find out the chipset. The card is an 8mb intel740 chipset, and i have looked everywhere for a driver but none seem to work with my current OS (windows millennium) but none of them work correctly. This leads me to believe that there is a conflict somewhere, but i felt id better just ask before i rip it out and smash it =D

thx.

I have never heard of that Card , but that don't mean a hell of a lot.
Did you try a search at Intel's web ?
Or try the Hardware Compatibility List at Microsoft.

I've never heard of it either, but here is some info
The Intel740™ graphics accelerator is optimized to run with the following PC configurations:

Processor: Intel® Pentium®II processors
Motherboard: Based on the Intel 440LX AGPset or a later generation Intel AGPset, motherboard must have an unpopulated AGP slot or the Intel740 chip must be down on the motherboard
Looks like it's an Intel only solution...

Sounds like it...
And it isn't too suprising as Intel isn't really a contender in the graphics dept., but rather offers limited integrated graphics in some of their chipsets.
(The "ExtremeGraphics" name is inaccurate to say the least....)

How much did you have to pay for an aprox 4-6 y.o. card?

problem solved.

my soloution was not found in any kind of software though, i just bought a new vid card and the other one is currently in about 16-17 peices on the concrete. :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back