AMD FX-8320 stock cooler/heatsink - crazy rpm/temps

By Ivibezz
Sep 7, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, I have an amd fx 8320 with an r9 280 with the stock cooler, it's at 3.5 ghz, no overclocking, and I was playing some Saints Row 4, I left HWMonitor on and when I came off (20 mins later or so), it said max temp 79?!?!?! During gameplay the fans are louder than a chainsaw... I was looking at getting some decent thermal paste and a 212 evo, but I dont know if that will help. The airflow in thecase is quite poor, but im going to try and work on it.. also, it went over 70 max temp when I was just playing football manager 2014 last night...
  2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

79 on what? CPU or GPU?
  3. GhostRyder

GhostRyder You know, that one guy with the PC Posts: 2,189   +589

It will help, the stock heatsink is actually ok but the FX 8320 and 8350 use alot of power which causes the extra temps. A hyper212 will drop your temps significantly and will even allow overclocking to some pretty high levels (Had my old 8350 at 4.5ghz on all cores using an Hyper212 and the temps never exceeded 75c).
  4. Ivibezz

Ivibezz TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi guys, here's proof. This is after 15 mins of playing CS:GO offline. [​IMG]
  5. Ivibezz

Ivibezz TS Rookie Topic Starter

CPU. It seems as if the GPU is lower temps than CPU at most times.
  6. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

75C on stock cooler, under load, in a poor case ... that's normal. Buy a $30-40 cooler and it'll be much better.