TechSpot

Amd or pentium for gamming?

By swker98
Dec 29, 2004
  1. i was just wondering if i wanted to play todays daming games and futre what should i get for a prosser pentum or amd? and i got 200 buks to spend im just curous.

2. engel_wolf

engel_wolf TS Rookie Posts: 25

I say AMD, but depending who you talk to, you'll get a different answer. Your best bet is to do a little research, compare benchmarks of different processor in your price range, and make your mind up for your self, its the only way you'll really be happy.

3. charles_1988

charles_1988 TS Rookie

Amd

Hi mate dunno if your talking about pounds or dollars but ive just purchased a AMD 64 BIT 3400+ motherboard and chip for 203 pound and it rocks

4. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,569

if u got the cash, a hot intel system would be best, as indicated by tom's hardware guide. they generally manage to excel in the majority of benchmarks. if money is a concern, settle for an amd system with. in my experience, amd has yielded far more problems than intel, but hey, it's your money.

5. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

For a gaming based machine, an AMD Athlon64 (single or dual channel) is your best bet without any doubts.

6. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 1,077

thanks all your help is appreated

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.