TechSpot

AMD Pin Mod Guide

By olefarte
Jun 2, 2003
  1. Here's a neat little interactive pin mod guide I found for all you AMD overclocking fans. Check it out.

2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Good find.

It's a shame they don't have anything for the Duron. I have a 800mhz Spitfire Duron & I wanted to lower the Multiplier to 6 & crank the FSb to 133 ( 6*133=800 ) because the K7VT2 that I'm getting for it doesn't support multiplier changing.

3. Didou

4. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,977   +15

Good find, but isnt just connect the 5th L1 bridge with conductive ink easier then wrapping pins with wire, and soldering pins?

Also,

http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

Here they say to drill a little gap between the bridges, fill it with some kind of thermal compound,etc, and then paint over it connecting the bridges... I never "isolated" my cpu the way they do, I just put the conductive ink over the bridges and went off. Recon im ok?

I also did this on my friends 2600+ TBred, and for some reason it didnt unlock the bridges. They say:

Recon the multi is permently set now? I've never read this anywhere else so I dunno.

5. Steg

Steg TS Rookie Posts: 269

unfortunatly nothing works on these new super-locked bartons - not bridging pins or bridging....bridges - nothing works

Steg

6. Didou

7. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,977   +15

Speed Strip looks great, but its such a rip off.. plus shipping kills it since you gotta buy it online.

8. Spike

Spike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,168

Surely, if the speed strip works, then a pin mod that connects the same pins as the speed strip does will work also ???

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.