AMD Processor

By s.base
Oct 19, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Being new to this site.(So will say hi! to everyone.) I have an unusual Amd processor and wandered if anybody could help me with this.I have checked all the sites I know and come up with a big fat zero.So would appreciate if anyone has information on it or where I could get it.
    Spec as follows:::AMD Athlon2900+ Barton
    AXDA2900DUV4C
    Y620235833969
    AIXJB 0601 WPAW
    OPGA/V-Core-1.600v/T-Die-85degrees Cent/L2 Cache-512mhz/FSB-266mhz.
    Said it was unusual. Any person with any help on this chip would be very much appreciated.Not a bad one for the first post.Start scraching your heads.Cheers.
  2. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,281   +24

You have an Athlon XP 2900+ CPU. More details on it here.
    Do you want to buy one? Well, here is a link, just in case.
  3. nickslick74

nickslick74 Newcomer, in training Posts: 883

Found this on Wiki, though it seems strange that you show yours to be a 266mhz bus instead of the usual 400mhz for Barton cores.

[edit] Athlon XP "Barton" (Model 10, 130 nm)
    CPU-ID: 6-A-0
    All models support: MMX, SSE, Enhanced 3DNow!
    Athlon XP 2900+2,6 2000 MHz 512 KiB 400 MT/s 10.0x 1.65 V ? AXDA2900DKV4E

Note 2: Minimal quantity shipped
    Note 6: The XP 2900+ is an OEM Barton chip (Made for SystemMax).
  4. nickslick74

nickslick74 Newcomer, in training Posts: 883

LOL rage, we both linked the to the same thing, I was just too slow!

That is a lot of money for a very old processor. Bartons were good, but not that good!
  5. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,313   +12

6. s.base

s.base Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thank you for your quick replies.Most of the sites you mention I have been on and yes they show only the 400mhz chips.The spec I gave you is off the actual chip and is a 266fsb not the 400.There dosen't seem to be any information on this chip at all.Someone must know somethink about it.I'll keep digging.I'll put it in a 266fsb board and see what it comes up with if anything and post details.Thanks for the help.
  7. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

Why not put it in a 400fsb board, and see what settings it takes?
    Will it downclock the fsb to 266 and ramp the multiplier, or take the normal 400 with the corresponding mulitiplier?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.