AMD Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does everone feel about them. Just asking because there is a notebook that I want and it runs AMD, so yeah.
(Please dont get mad at me, Im new at this)

they're very good and you can get some very decent bang to the buck. AMD tends to run hot with certain CPUs so check 'em out before you buy.

I'd pick AMD for any job that wouldn't require a C2D.

I'm using a Turion64 right now, it does everything I ask of it...besides making nachos. Someone told me only the Mobile Sempron line can do that.

I just don't like how the fan doesn't even turn on until the cpu hits 50C. Its between 45 and 55C whether at 0% or 100% cpu usage.

Isn't that a good thing?

I mean, I'd love to have all my fans stop right there, and let me sleep...

Whether or not Intel has the edge on Dual Core processors, I love my AMD. I've been running them in every rig I've owned for 8 years with no problem. When I used Intel, I had some problems, notbig problems but irritating problems.

sghiznaneck said:
Whether or not Intel has the edge on Dual Core processors, I love my AMD. I've been running them in every rig I've owned for 8 years with no problem. When I used Intel, I had some problems, notbig problems but irritating problems.
I totally agree. Comparable performance for alot less $$ IMO better reliability. Every Intel cpu system I've ever owned (which would be 2) has at one point or another crapped out. While all the AMD CPUs I have can still be plopped into their M/Bs and boot right up.

Intel may be fast, but for gaming I still prefer an AMD. I know it comes down to personal preference, but I put my money on reliablility and performance. For me, it's AMD!!

Core 2 pwns AMD pretty bad. A 6000+ runs really hot, and inefficient and can barely keep up with the E6600/E6700 Core 2s which are cooler, more efficient, and cost less.

There was a time when AMD was better than Intel for gaming (and pretty much everything) but that time has ended for the moment.

sghiznaneck said:
Intel may be fast, but for gaming I still prefer an AMD. I know it comes down to personal preference, but I put my money on reliablility and performance. For me, it's AMD!!

You may prefer AMD for gaming but that does not mean it beats intel. Currently core 2 duo performs better than AMD and your preference does not change that fact. And if reliability (which is subjective and varies from company to company based on personal experience) and performance is what you go for then RITE NOW in the market you are supporting the wrong company.

It's a free country, at least the last I checked. Do you prefer Chevrolet or Ford? Does it matter which one you pick? I believe it's the one which I've had the most luck with and the one which I am happy and satisfied with. To each his own.

sghiznaneck said:
It's a free country, at least the last I checked. Do you prefer Chevrolet or Ford? Does it matter which one you pick? I believe it's the one which I've had the most luck with and the one which I am happy and satisfied with. To each his own.

It is a free country and i could care less if you drive a chevy, ford or any other brand. But before buying a certain brand do you check to see if that car is beneficial (horsepower, price, fuel economy) for what you need or do you blindly buy it based upon your "luck" with one???

If you like chevy and you know for the same price dodge gives you better and you still go buy chevy then you are a fanboi and there is no arguing with you.

People come here for factual based advice not some fanboi's preference.
Is AMD a good cpu for laptops?? Yes (fact)
Is it faster than core 2 for gaming? No (fact)
Does the AMD cpu at the same clock speed out perform core 2? No (fact)

Come tommorow if barcelona changes the game so will this change the facts.

MetalX said:
Core 2 pwns AMD pretty bad. A 6000+ runs really hot, and inefficient and can barely keep up with the E6600/E6700 Core 2s which are cooler, more efficient, and cost less.

There was a time when AMD was better than Intel for gaming (and pretty much everything) but that time has ended for the moment.

Good point, but I think they're talking about mobile processors :D
Doza-kun said:
Just asking because there is a notebook that I want and it runs AMD, so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back