AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT Review: "Factory Overclocking"

Very sad to see AMD "do an Intel/Nvidia" and just shove up the clocks and power consumption (and price). We expect better of AMD.

Good review.

But please and seriously, dispense with that "Cost Per Frame" gimmick using the totally useless MSRP prices.

NOTHING is being sold at MSRP for 2+ years now!!

In my opinion, I won’t bother reviewing all the refreshes products. Basically just pick one, and that will give everyone a pretty good idea how much improvement to expect. There is nothing more than overclocking both the GPU and VRAM for all of AMD’s refreshed graphic cards. Given how high the cards were clocked previously, I don’t expect anything meaningful with these refresh. The same can be said with Nvidia’s refresh, though it at least sounds more exciting than this.

Pfft, I wouldn’t give up DLSS and superior ray tracing performance for a 10% cost per frame saving.

It’s subjective of course, I’m not saying Steve got that wrong. But I mean if you could pay 10% more and get DLSS and useable ray tracing I can’t imagine anybody not doing that.

Yes but is it really considered overclocking if the company that makes the product is the one doing it. I am sure they deem it more than safe and the product is running within the specced speed they deem fit for the product. The only time you can say a product like this is overclocked is when the third party companies release their own products and run the hardware at faster than the spec speed of that product. So no this is not the meaning of overclocking or overclocked product when the company that spends time and money testing a product to run at certain speeds and releases that product at those speeds.

I guess the 3070TI,3080Ti,3090Ti are also overclocked if we look at it that way.

Actual overclocking is something we the end users can do if we chose to do and that is running the hardware out of spec (tested to be 100% stable spec's) by pushing it past what the company intended it to run at.

I never really actually cared to look at the spec's of this model of card but how is 19Mhz considered overclocking WTH lol. They did actually put new faster memory on the card did they not which is running at the faster memory speed for which it was made to run at. This is one of the reasons I have watched or read less reviews form this sight and the YT channel because of this negativity in the reviews these days. Just so you know stop trying to be so negative already that's GN's job and one of the main reasons I do not watch their reviews because of the how he acts so high and mighty about most everything. The only reviews I watch there is the case reviews because they do a really could job sorting out the junk form good cases. But other than that I stopped watching their GPU,CPU reviews a long time ago.

I know you don't care about one user's opinion but please don't make me stop watching or reading these reviews as well. Yo are one of the best reviewers on the planet period and used to just do the reviews without inputting your own opinions into the reviews to the point it starts to sound like a blood bath for some of the companies. Yes having an opinion is good and stating it is good but when it's the same thing for almost every review and point at certain companies most of the time it starts to look really bad and people start to notice things like this as I did and maybe a few others here as well have or maybe I am seeing and hearing things and it's not happening lol.

Edit of an edit lol
Just like most other refreshes this late into a product cycle most of these new cards whether AMD or Nvidia are pointless when they all will be replaced in a short time by new fluffy cards that knock the electrons off these old cards. The only refresh that won't get replaced by something newer is the 5800X3D mainly because it's the last big boom for the AM4 socket but at least as a test/refresh product it made a huge splash in performance gain for the Zen 3 cores unlike the latest and greatest form AMD or Nvidia in the GPU scene lol.

Last edited:
Pfft, I wouldn’t give up DLSS and superior ray tracing performance for a 10% cost per frame saving.

It’s subjective of course, I’m not saying Steve got that wrong. But I mean if you could pay 10% more and get DLSS and useable ray tracing I can’t imagine anybody not doing that.
Id be happy to swap out my 1070 for a team red card rather than a team green, the games I play dont have raytracing, even if they had id rather have it off and have higher FPS. Im sick of nvidia drivers, be happy to have the more complete and modern approach from AMD. DLSS ? Dont really care either, since FSR 2.0 is about the same.

Id be happy to swap out my 1070 for a team red card rather than a team green, the games I play dont have raytracing, even if they had id rather have it off and have higher FPS. Im sick of nvidia drivers, be happy to have the more complete and modern approach from AMD. DLSS ? Dont really care either, since FSR 2.0 is about the same.
I’m literally in the opposite boat, I’m on a Radeon RX480 and I’m done with AMD cards. The drivers are a joke. I’m currently living in a shared house, we all have PCs and I’m the only one on Radeon and I’m the only one who gets any issues.

From what I’ve seen DLSS is far superior to FSR. I’m on an old card and I haven’t used FSR yet, every time I’ve tried it it just looks a bit rubbish and I’d rather have a slightly lower frame rate. I think DLSS would be better. At least on Nvidia you get both. Also I’m quite jel if ray tracing, I’ve played a lot of cyberpunk, it would have been way better with RT on.

I have no idea why releasing a refresh of their GPUs with model numbers just 50 points higher than the last RX-6000 GPUs has so surprised and befuddled some people. Some are acting as though it's the strangest, weirdest thing they've ever seen. Here we are coming off more than a year of GPU scarcity with GPU prices going as high as $3k-4k in some cases, with prices 2x-3x+ MSRPs, and they seem to be complaining that an RX6950 MSRP is $100 higher than the MSRP of an RX6900, etc. I think it's worth noting that we are at the end of the GPU scarcity with prices tumbling back to MSRP. People also forget that we in the US are in a period of nasty inflation that greatly exceeds 10%. I think AMD is doing an admirable job of holding down GPU pricing. I just bought an RX6900XT from the AMD store a couple of weeks ago--I guess one of the last in stock. I love it. And I paid 2020 MSRP for it, too.

You’ll probably end up coming back to
Green drivers soon. I’ve owned a few Red cards in the past, hd 7950, r9 270x, Vega 56, 5700xt (worst exp with an amd card) and def green drivers are much better and more stable for the most part. Sure there’s ups and downs but on avg it’s been “better”. Least my 3080 starts up when it’s supposed to :p

Back