American McGee's Alice and Windows 7 64

Route44

Released in October of 2000 for the PC his game is considered a classic. My son has requested it for Christmas and I can purchase it but I was wondering if anyone knows it it will run on Windows 7 64.

I have run into mixed results. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

I don't have this game so I can't answer your question directly but if you have trouble running it in Windows 7, you can try changing the compatibility mode. I have an old favorite game, Homeworld, released in 1999 that runs fine in Windows 7 64 bit as long as I change the compatibility mode. I don't have anything after Win 7 so I can't address how later versions work.

Mailpup, thanks for the reply. It is much appreciated. From what I can gather it can be run under XP Mode but since he has the Home Premium edition this mode is not avaliable. Any ideas?

I think the XP mode to which you are referring is not the same as the compatibility mode I was talking about. If you right click on the game executable, game icon or shortcut to the exe file, click on "Properties" and then click on the "Compatibility" tab, you should see the compatibility mode check box and drop down menu.

Back