Americans don't work like Asians

Oh Danny boy, the type, the types are calling......Or, what you meant to say was, "Americans won't work like Asians". :rolleyes:

(Or like any other known nationality).

Last edited:
Oh Danny boy, the type, the types are calling......Or, what you meant to say was, "Americans won't work like Asians". :rolleyes:

(Or like any other known nationality).
The article basically says Asians work like mules. Most Americans won't work like that, thus labor unions and such. TSMC are finding that out. I myself have done my share of labor. Probably closer to the Asian types when I had the energy and drive. Commission will do that for you. Momentum. I run with it when it's there. Because it's not always there. I shared the article because I thought it was interesting and might be interesting to the group. Not that I was trying to say something. The insinuations are par for the day I guess. There is truth to Asian overworking ethic. Japan has it too. There's relationship problems in Japan right now because the gender roles are such that current generation males refuse to work like their father's did citing that their fathers work themselves to death and the females are harpies that can't be pleased. The males are like eunuchs preferring games to relationships. Japan is slowly dieing with falling population replacement. It's rapidly becoming the geriatric nation. Kind of sad, really.

OK @Danny101 Once upon a time, Japanese goods were cheap garbage. Then they started working together, actually designed.better goods, built better factories, worked as a team almost to the point of being a family. In fact, I've seen it reported that the factory workers would actually do warm up calisthenics together before a shift, as a show of solidarity.

Eventually, Japanese goofs became the finest in the world, as well as being very attractively priced

Then, the workers started demanding better pay, better hours, health insurance, the whole nine yards.

And now boyz and gurlz, Japan has a huge portion of its product manufactured in China and Indonesia, just like the US.

You simply haven't gone far enough back in American history to draw any valid comparison with what's going on in China today. Why do you think the US enacted child labor laws? Because we had 13 year olds working in coal mines, with dangerous machinery, and pretty much everywhere else they shouldn't be "used". We called it, "the industrial revolution".

And now Asia is having its "industrial revolution", with working conditions commensurate with ours, at the same point of industrial development.

I do pay homage to those who work hard. In fact, I'd rather have one good trash collector, than most of our city council.

As for what's going on with TSMC in Arizona, I predicted all of that months ago, when I first found out they were building a fab there.

Like Bob Dylan said, "you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"

@Danny101 I wasn't thinking about this song this morning. But I thought you might get a get a kick out of it, as we were talking about labor unions and such. It comes from the 70's, a time when Britain was having a great deal of issues with labor unions

"Part of the Union" The Strawbs:

Last edited:
Back