TechSpot

Annoying ad while browsing the forums

By Didou
Oct 28, 2009
Post New Reply
  1. It's happened a couple of times already, I wouldn't report if it had just happened once. You can see on the attached screenshot what it looks like. It doesn't appear in a specific section of the site or the forums, just randomly shows up.

When could I expect it to be "dead" ? :dead:

Attached Files:

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,432   +218

I recall seeing that survey as well. I don't remember the circumstances though.
  3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,306   +265

That one drives me crazy - I just got it again!
  4. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,532   +315

Argh, that sucks I agree. Let me ask our media agency to see if we can remove that asap.
    I also assume you don't have cookies disabled and so if you got that once you shouldn't be getting any more of those survey pops in quite a while (at least 30 days).
  5. JamesP

JamesP TS Rookie Posts: 38

must admit, never seen it!
  6. Julio Franco

James, I don't mean to be rude but there's no need to resucitate a 5 month old discussion.
  7. JamesP

JamesP TS Rookie Posts: 38

I apologise, did not pick up on the date, perhaps posts should be closed after a certain time period, once again sorry....
  8. Julio Franco

No problem James :). We do close threads but after 180 days because there are times when discussions are picked up months later for a variety of valid reasons.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.