TechSpot

Annoying ad while browsing the forums

By Didou
Oct 28, 2009
Post New Reply
  1. It's happened a couple of times already, I wouldn't report if it had just happened once. You can see on the attached screenshot what it looks like. It doesn't appear in a specific section of the site or the forums, just randomly shows up.

When could I expect it to be "dead" ? :dead:

Attached Files:

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,949   +354

I recall seeing that survey as well. I don't remember the circumstances though.

3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,201   +422

That one drives me crazy - I just got it again!

4. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,007   +593

Argh, that sucks I agree. Let me ask our media agency to see if we can remove that asap.
    I also assume you don't have cookies disabled and so if you got that once you shouldn't be getting any more of those survey pops in quite a while (at least 30 days).

5. JamesP

JamesP TS Rookie Posts: 29

must admit, never seen it!

6. Julio Franco

James, I don't mean to be rude but there's no need to resucitate a 5 month old discussion.

7. JamesP

JamesP TS Rookie Posts: 29

I apologise, did not pick up on the date, perhaps posts should be closed after a certain time period, once again sorry....

8. Julio Franco

No problem James :). We do close threads but after 180 days because there are times when discussions are picked up months later for a variety of valid reasons.