Another error 0x10000050

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a new computer. I installed WIN XP home edition on it. Shortly after it periodicly began to reboot - either duing statup or after 4 - 5 minuts after bieng turned on. I returned it to the dealer with an errormesage. They returned it to me again with the following message: RAM tested with more than 100 pass in memtest without error. Harddrive ok. Computer ran Prime95 in 7 days without problems. No error discovered
I reinstalled the computer, updated all the possible drivers from the internet. It has now been operating for some days without problems, but tonight it did it again. A frind of mine told me about your site and minidumps.
The description from Logbook - System says (sorry for the translation from Danish to English) The computer was restarted after an error control. The error control was: 0x10000050 (0cb79ab184, 0x00000000, 0xbf8735b, 0x00000000).
I attach the minidump as a zip file. Hope someone can help me solving the problem.

That dump's crashed with one bit memory corruption, and this is a sign of a RAM problem. Memtest isn't perfect (far from it).

BugCheck 10000050, {b79ab184, 0, bf8735fb, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

CHKIMG_EXTENSION: !chkimg -lo 50 -d !win32k
bf873600 - win32k!BoundCursor+6c
1 error : !win32k (bf873600)

MEMORY_CORRUPTOR: ONE_BIT

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT

To who it may concern: I tested the RAM using Memtest86 v.3.3 without getting any errors. But due to the answer from peterdiva and the answers I found when i "Googled" the different errorcodes I have recieved, I decieded to change the RAM. I'm now looking forward to see, if that solved the problem. The RAM I replaced was AData DDR2 667(5). I replaced it with a Kingston module and placed it in the other RAM slot. I hope that solved my problem. Thanks to peterdiva for your answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back