TechSpot

Another Techspot 0.o

By cfitzarl
Jun 20, 2007
Post New Reply
  1. I googled TechSpot, and I found this tech forum with the same name as us :eek: ! The link is http://www.techspot.in/ ! I took a look at it, and as of right now, they're not even close to our standings. Their title is also "Techspot v2.0".

I thought that this was rather interesting; the names they could've picked, but they picked our name :suspiciou .

2. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,388

That's very strange, because just today I also googled for a topic and included techspot in as one of the keywords in the google search and also saw the techspot.in. I did not visit the site, since I figured it had a probability of being a spoofed version of techspot.

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

Yes, Poertner_1274 came across that a while back, so yeh Julio knows.

4. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 822

After looking at their website I can conclude that techspot.com is more professional than techspot.in.

5. te00

te00 TS Rookie Posts: 29

obviously.. :D

6. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

I think Julio has looked into this in the past, not sure what came out of it though....

They have been around for quite a while too.

It's a shame that people have to rip off the hard work of others.

7. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

lol lets all go there, for a day and post links to all their problems from our site! lol

8. DeepXP

DeepXP TS Rookie

Hi Guys,

This is Deep on behalf of Techspot.in. We just got to know about this post when we were looking at our web stats. I would like to clear some misunderstandings just to keep things transparent.

The name "Techspot" came up during one of our discussions, we liked the name and went for it. There was (and there is) no intention to spoof/copy or compete. Our target is mainly Indians net-surfers and therefore the .in TLD. The word "Indian Technology Forum" appears all over the place.

As for "TechSpot 2.0", we recently revamped the site and added couple of more sections in addition to a forum. We wanted our visitors to know about it and therefore that "2.0". We have not positioned ourselves as second version of techspot.com.

I hope this clears all the misunderstandings.

Regards,
    Deep
    on behalf of Techspot.in Team

9. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 1,980   +11

This was when I posted my intro in techspot.in, and said I had gotten their link from this thread.

It is unfortunate that the names are same, by coincindence or design.

But one thing I can say is that they are not copying/duplicating Techspot.com.

I'm glad that Deep made the above posting.