Anoying "System Alert: Malware Threats" message

Status
Not open for further replies.

superjario

Hi evereyone,

In the System tray of my computer (Windows Xp) a message keeps poping up with a yellow exclamation mark sign saying

"System Alert:Malware Threats Your computer is infected with a backdoor trojan
that allows the remote attacker to perform various malicous actions."

And when i click on the popup it directs me to
http://malwarewiped.com/?aid=237

Is this a virus? And can i get rid of it easily? Please help id be very very greatful.

Thanks,

Spyware. Download and run AVG AntiSpyware from the AVG Grisoft Free site... Also SpyBot 14, Adaware SE Personal 6.0, and Microsoft Windows Defender.
You might also want to run a free scan from Panda www.panda.com, and EZArmor from Computer Associates.

Thankyou both!

I already have AVG antivirus programme so i'll download the others you recommended.

Will this definatly remove it?

I get another popup aswel saying "Security Alert: Networm-i.Virus@fp... I suppose this is also Spyware?

Please do the following.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

Edit: I have deleted your other thread for this as it will save any confusion and prevent duplicate instructions from being given by various members.

This thread is for the use of superjario only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back