Any Antivirus I install is getting disabled

By Alghatrif
Apr 7, 2009
  1. Dear All:

I am having a serious problem which is making me mad, Any Antivirus I install is getting disabled wheneve I run it, Also when I try to show the hidden file and folders by marking the option, nothing will happen and when I go again to check if it is marked it shows that it is not, it seems that the virus also disabled this option, And also when I am trying to update My OS ( XP SP2) through Microsoft website it shows me that there is an error with the connection, and when I make the updates auto, it will not download any updates, and also when I am using internet explorer it takes several time to reload the page till it works, I tried to format all the partitions and reinstall windows it do the same again, it is really confusing me, I don't know what is going on and I don't know what to do, can some one help me with this issue.

Pleas Pleas PLeas

Thanks & Regards
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,150   +598

3. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step (* Including Delete Partition)

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step (* Including Delete Partition)

* Warning deleting the Partition will remove all User data and Windows system files
  4. gguerra

gguerra TS Maniac Posts: 317

If you are actually able to install you can rename the executable file before you run. For example if you are running malware bytes go to c:\program files\malware bytes folder and rename mbam.exe to mb.exe and run it directly from there or edit the shortcut properties to match.. I had to do this recently with a particularly nasty trojan a client's machine had on it. Once you successfully run malwarebytes it should clean it enough for you to use other software such as your antivirus. In fact the system I cleaned would not let me even install it but I got around that and thats another story.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.