Any bad processes running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai

I don't know, but it just seems so many processes are running on my computer now, plus theres like 4 "svhosts" running and just a lot of processes that I don't recognize. So I thought they might be maleware or something. Here's a screenshot:

processesye1.jpg

I can`t see anything nasty in there, but you can always post a HJT log if you want and I`ll give it a quick check.

Regards Howard :)

Sure, here is my HJT log. But if I can ask, do you know what "mDNSResponder, shwiconEM.exe" are, and why I have 4 "svchosts" are running?

Thank you for your help Howard, appreciate it.

Want to ask one more question, so I don't have to make a new thread. But is it necessary to have a Firewall (I use Comodo) if you have a router. I know some people said don't worry about having one if you have a router. Just thought I'd get your opinion. Thanks again.

I was searching the web for some processes that I didn't know. And I searched "crss.exe" and almost every result on google said it was a virus. So I searched for it on my computer (with Search) but it can't find it. But it's running under my processes, so I don't know what to do.

That`s because you searched for the wrong file name.

csrss.exe is not a virus, but is part of the Windows OS.

crss.exe on the other hand is nasty.

The one that`s running in your task manager is csrss.exe. Just check your facts and first lol.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back