Any Dvd CSS and region code removal

By Myzz617
May 4, 2007
  1. Sine programs exist which enable computer literate or even the most noobies to copy and burn any cd or dvd, suggestions anyone? A friend told me about Any Dvd how it will let me use and Dvd no matter where it is from and i will be able to copy and burn it. This is for back-up use mainly not illegal sale.

Any reccomendations ?
  2. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

AnyDVD basically removes the hassle of changing the drive region everytime you wanna play a copy-protected DVD. I don't recommend it though, since it's a bit complicated to set up. I'd recommend Alcohol 120%. It can make images of copy-protected CDs and DVDs and you can burn these onto empty discs as well. It also has the ability to create virtual DVD-ROMs to load the images onto (kinda like Daemon Tools). It's easier to use and hassle-free.
  3. Myzz617

Myzz617 TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 369

LMFAO yes he told me about that 2. I downloaded it and have not used it yet. All i need to do is find a great Bit torrent.
  4. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

I dont know how AnyDVD is "complicated" to set up since it is a .dll driver that simply runs to do it's job. there are some features you can enable or disable depending on your preferences but it is hardly complicated. the problem I have with alcohol 120% was it's use of the pattin couffin drivers which often played havoc on system stability and caused optical drive problems. that may have changed now I dont know since I have not used alcohol 120% for some years now.
  5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

Allow me to make myself clear. I meant complicated as in it's not as easy to use as Alcohol is for a newbie. AnyDVD has way more options and is definitely the better of the two as far as features go. But user-friendliness-wise, Alcohol is better IMO.
  6. Myzz617

Myzz617 TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 369

The free version of any dvd does not allow you to use all of its features. I want to copy DVDs, most of them are copy righted. Thing is some DVD players dont play some dvds and come to find out if i make a copy of it, my dvd player will let me play most dvds after they are duplicated.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.