Any Thoughts on an ASUS M2N32-SLI Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sghiznaneck

Is anyone out there running this board?? I just ordered it due to the fact that I was running an EVGA 590 SLI board, but the ethernet connections went wonky. It at first, they wouldn't recognize my router, then they would only allow certain internet related programs to work, and finally, I had to purchase a PCI network card just to get on the net. I've read on a few sites that this is typical for the EVGA board and that it's a hardware problem and not a software problem (running most current software package - NFORCE 6.86 driver package).
Just purchased the ASUS board and it it expected to be delivered tomorrow. I had run nothing but ASUS boards in the past, but the EVGA caught my eye when I upgraded prior to Christmas to dual core. Maybe I should have stuck with ASUS this time around since I NEVER had a problem with their boards in the past.

It's an absolutely awesome board, using it myself. I've had no problems, runs cool, good overclocking (if you do that stuff), lots of options to play with, and best of all it's compatible with AMD's next generation Phenom processors (at worse you will need a BIOS update)

I agree totally... It's an absolutely awesome board. Ive been using it for quite some time, and have never had any problems. Im using an AMD 6000+ CPU, and 3.0GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800. If I were you, I would stick with that ram... I have tried others, but with no success... This board is kinda pickey about the ram you put in it. Other than that all I have to say is... YOU'LL LOVE THIS BOARD

Thanks for the info. I thought about upping the processor as well, but I wanted to wait and see how the board handles my Athlon X2 5200+ and my XFX 8800 GTX before i swap out the chip.
Once again, appreciate the replies and I'll let you know when she's up and running, which will probably be either late Wednesday night or Thursday.
And by the way, I am an oc'er. Had to put two additional case fans and a PCI fan in this one just to keep the 8800 cooled down. Didn't have any problems with the chip or board, but the card is an absolute fire hazard when really taxing the 3D settings!

Yeah, I've overclocked my 5000+ from 2.6GHz to 2.89GHz on stock heat-sink/fan plus stock voltages. And the way its been performing so far, I think it can go even further, maybe 3GHz or more with a better cooler (i think thats good). Also overclocked my graphics card, but only managed slightly above 50MHz increase on both core and memory, not bad for the cheapest 7600GT I could buy, lol

Well, I've been up and running for over 24 hours and finally installed the last piece of software and games. Couldn't sit and do it all at once since I was pretty busy the past few days.
I have to admit, the board went in easy, all connections were a snap, and when I went to power up for the first time, beep..beep.beep.beep. First shot thought it was a video problem since that is usually the beep code. But upon ripping out my 8800 GTX about two or three times and moving it from PCI-e slot one to slot two, I decided to pull out a stick of my memory. Same thing so I swapped one stick for the other and it fired right up.
Since I replaced the stick and tweaked some oc settings, she's running fine and the temps are about 5-10 degrees cooler than the EVGA board ever ran. Guess the pipe cooling system does keep it cooler, although I did op to install the pipe cooling fan that came with this board. The software package is sweet, and the board runs really great. I've put it through it's paces and used the enclosed AI Booster software to oc the FSB to 1100 and increased the multiplier so that it's running at 2.8 and so far, it hasn't crashed nor has the temps gone up that much from stock. Like I said in my initial post above, should have stuck with ASUS from the start!! Thanks for your input, guys. This really is a sweet board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back