Any tips on buying a new mobile device?

By naifff888
Mar 11, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Hi........

I want to buy new mobile and I need your advice

most imprtant for me the speed of the system ,,memory

thing not important for me ( quality of camera,,shape of mobile )
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,351   +301

By mobile I infer you mean cell phone. At any rate, I would prioritize the features and functions that are (a) import to you and (b) you use regularly. The hype on specs may be create bragging rights, but that's not worth $0.02 to me.

I'm and old T**d and love my 3g flip phone for the ease of use designed by Nokia. The so called smartphones are not on my wishlist. If I want pictures (and I take a ton of them), I'm not using any camera in a phone - - I take my handheld which gives me the PAS feature for low-light photograph required for indoor and museums. USEABILITY is big with me.
  3. naifff888

naifff888 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

thank you
  4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,450   +619

Nexus 5 is the best if you want a smartphone. Top specs, quick Android system, no bloatware or skins.
  5. naifff888

what did you mean by skin and bloatware?
  6. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,450   +619

Nexus devices run Android OS. Samsung/HTC/Sony/etc run the Android OS, but with their own manufacturer 'skin' (read: theme) and 'enhancements' on top of it. They also come with apps pre-installed that you can't get rid of, called 'bloatware'. Overall, this slows the phone down considerably, even brand new from the box.
  7. naifff888

thank

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.