Anyone ever heard of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lludacrisboy

ok so i have roadrunner high speed and i noticed that it went out about ever couple days and sometimes every day. so i called roadrunner and they tell me the same thing. unplug the router and the modem and then plug it in .works everytime. SO then it keeps happening and i get fed upa nd call back and he says the Only thing he can see is wrong is that my router is messing up the timing with the modem. i said no possible way, but he insists if i maybe replace my router it will be ok.... any suggestions on how to fix this with out buying a new router.?

Upgrade the router firmware to the latest version?

You should also check whether it is the internet connection that fails or does the router just crash.

Next time you get disconnected, see if you can still acces the router configuration page.

When this happens go into your router's control panel and tell it to release the modem ip and get a new one. If you can be bothered with doing this you should be able to live with the router, I doubt if it's the router , more like the isp.

This is a very common problem with routers. They will 'quit working' for a period of time and start working again.

Updating your firwmare is a good idea, but you should try to plug your computer directly into the modem and see if you experience this problem. If the problem doesn't occur when you're plugged in directly into the modem, then we know your router is to blame. Or conversely, if the modem's connection drops when directly connected, we know your modem is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back