Anyone know anything about TV Tuners

Status
Not open for further replies.

n00b

Ok so I'm going to be building my own projector soon and I'm just wondering if there is anyway i can hook it up through my computer with a TV tuner and watch TV on the projector or a movie and still be able to play a game on my comp without it showing up on the screen i'm doubting this is very possible but if anyone can find anything that can do this like some kinda special KVM switch or something that'd be awesome :grinthumb

thanks again in advance, Nick

Hi

Its easy and possible and now its also quite cheap as most new video cards support dual monitor support, and the software lets you decide what goes out to each display, add in any TV tuner card such as the Happauge range and your off and running, your PC will need to have some oomph though and a decent PSU.

a KVM switch is used to route 2 PC's through 1 monitor and keyboard\mouse and isnt what you want.

Regards

wow i'm friggin retarded lol i forgot totally my 8800GTX had 2 DVI ports nvm on my question it was early and i'm handicapped in the brain yeah i have a good comp running C2DE6600 OC'd to 3.0 4GBs Gskill ram Oc'd to 900 700W thermaltake toughpower PSU all on a MSI board sweet part is even with air cooling my CPU never goes over 43C even under full load with the BIg typhoon.

I appreciate your help in pointing out my idiocies ty again all

but for quick reference i got a good chunk of $$$ to spend any recommendations on a real good TV Tuner card i want to record so i can keep my Aqua teen episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back