Anyone know of any simple software to make commercial websites??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyZip

Does anybody know of an easy and simple website publishing software to create a commercial website??

Ive bought and looked at Multiactive's EC Builder Pro 6.0... Its ok but i thought someone on here might know of anything better...

Basically i want it to advertise our services and have an extensive catalogue of our products...

Of course i don't mind spending some wonga on it, but nothing too expensive...

I havnt much of a clue about html, so i just wanted to enter all the products, info, prices, a load of text on our services, and the software would do the rest...

Any ideas? Cheers...

I'd really recommend using a decent HTML editor, such as Dreamweaver MX.

What you are wanting is complete automation though, so I'm not really sure what would be the best for you. Perhaps you should go into more detail about exactly what you are planning to do.. If you plan on making frequent updates and changes to prices and items, then it is likely you will need to use scripting languages etc... Which can get pretty messy.

If expense is a low priority, then maybe hiring someone else to do the dirty work would be the best way to go (Best bet is a friend or someone you know). It might be expensive though, but the best option in my opinion (If you find someone who knows what they are doing).

With programs like Dreamweaver, you have to create the design of your page. You can choose from templates in most software like this, but organizing your data and etc will require making tables and cells etc.. So there is some slight need for manual setup.

Thanks Rick for the reply...

I have had a look at Dreamweaver, and done the tutorial, but call me lazy:p . I can't be bothered to do all that...

In EC Builder all you do is give it a load of info about the buisness, address, telephone etc, fill in a load of tables for your products your selling, with pictures, throw some text in about your business, choose a few templates etc etc, and voila... It does it all for you, including submitting it to search engines, uploading to a server? and it even looks after the online transactions for you...

Getting someone to do it for us probably would be too expensive, plus we'd have to keep changing the prices on the website, updating stuff, adding bits etc...

I wondered if there was anything similar to EC Builder out there??

Another company that provides free webshops/pages is Mamut... It takes about 15 min to set it up, and you get all orders by mail...

I set one up for my mom's business, and it's incredibly easy... You don't need any knowledge of programming or anything.. The pages could look better, but they're good enough for a small business... (H***, a norwegian computershop uses it... And they get a lot of business...

If you want a more powerfull version, you could buy one of three versions... Ranging from 160$ to 270$ (+ service agreement whatever that means)...

I know I sound like an ad, but I have no affiliation with the company... I just like their free software... (Means I have to do a lot less with my moms webshop than I would otherwise...:))

.02$

Notepad

IMHO is probably the best way to create decent looking webpages. All you need is to put some time and effort into learning/researching HTML/Javascript/DHTML and you can create fantastic sites.

Dreamweaver etc are alright to begin with, but even they are limited, so you will probably want to use a mixture i.e. create the basic design in Dreamweaver etc. and then "fine tune" your website by hand using notepad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back