Anyone with a Gigabyte GA-7ZXE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

videobruce

I have a chance to pick up a GA-7ZXE M/B and I'm looking for anyone with experiance with that board.

I searched for reviews high and low and could only come up with one in German! I found a number of reviews with the GA-7ZX (w/ the KT-133 chipset) but none of the ZXE! I also found reviews of the ZR (I believe it was), but after seraching a dozen or so sites, nothing.

The reviews of the ZX weren't that great. I don't know if it was the chipset or the board itself. I'm not a Gigabyte fan, but the price might be right and I'm willing to give it a try. I have the documnentation from Gigabyte but a little insite would be better!

I'm not looking to overclock, or to have the latest, greatest, fastert box on the street (especially from a 1 1/2 year old M/B) but something halfway decent.

Any input would be great and thanks in advance!

the less than spectacular reviews were probably due to the KT133 chipset which was a very buggy chipset. that is why they came out with the KT133A which helped iron out some of the bugs.

personally I would not buy a board with a KT133 chipset regardless of the price or manufacturer actually I should say I will not buy another KT133 board since I had one KT133A board which I recently got rid of.

well here what i found on your MoBo
Socket A for AMD Athlon™/Duron™ 266/200MHz FSB processors
3 DIMMs up to 1.5GB DRAM
Provides AGP 4X slot
Supports PC133 SDRAM memory
Supports 4 USB ports
AC97 audio
Supports UDMA ATA 100/66 IDE devices
Supports ACPI & STR(Suspend-To-RAM)
Supports @BIOS™& EasyTune III™
H/W monitoring & PC99 connectors
it seems it doesnt have support for ddr memory, wich in my personal opinion is not good.

Originally posted by forciano
it seems it doesnt have support for ddr memory, wich in my personal opinion is not good.

DDR actually hasn't performed all that greater than plain SDRAM, which is very odd...I would build a system with SDRAM in it if it was very low budget.

Chances are that if the GA-7ZX was bad, the 7ZXE is too. Go onto Gb's website and compare the two.

Judging by the "E" at the end, I'd bet this sysbo is KT133A, which is alot better than it's former. And judging by the website it does...http://tw.giga-byte.com/products/7zxe.htm

So in that case actually the 7ZXE is alot better than the 7ZX, at least chipset-wise. Else, they're most likely identical.

Gigabytes' numbering system leaves alot to be desired!

I do have the data on the board from Gigabytes site, I wanted opinions on the board. The ZX is the 133 chipset, the ZXE is the 133A and the ZXR is the 133A w/raid.

The ZX and the ZXR have reviews, but the ZXE doesn't. I'm wondering why?

What iss had to say is what I thought and what I'm concerned about. I believe it was the same between the 266 and the 266A correct?

Originally posted by videobruce

What iss had to say is what I thought and what I'm concerned about. I believe it was the same between the 266 and the 266A correct?

Very much so. This machine has the original KT266...and I haven't even met anyone else who has it :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back