AOL crashes at log on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have aol version 9, and it has recently connected with the web and when trying to open my home page it just stops responding. I have to open task manager and end program. It can do this 5 or 6 times before logging on succesfully. Have tried aols computer check up and the auto fix browser optiion, all of which dont help. I currently use mcaffee firewall and the mcaffee virus program supplied by AOL. Have tried the connection repair utility in system properties, no luck. Today tried downloading version 9 again and reinstalling, it has still failed once out of the to log on attempts. Any ideas?

You say you tried to reinstall, did you uninstall the previous version? That could be a big problem. You need to make sure it is gone from your system before you try to reinstall it.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

no, when i downloaded version 9 it asked me if i wanted to keep favourites and certain settings. I ticked yes and now the version i log on with is stated as aol version 9a. so far it has logged on ok but I will wait a week and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back