TechSpot

AOL crashes at log on

By sfbowler
Jul 14, 2005
  1. I have aol version 9, and it has recently connected with the web and when trying to open my home page it just stops responding. I have to open task manager and end program. It can do this 5 or 6 times before logging on succesfully. Have tried aols computer check up and the auto fix browser optiion, all of which dont help. I currently use mcaffee firewall and the mcaffee virus program supplied by AOL. Have tried the connection repair utility in system properties, no luck. Today tried downloading version 9 again and reinstalling, it has still failed once out of the to log on attempts. Any ideas?

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

You say you tried to reinstall, did you uninstall the previous version? That could be a big problem. You need to make sure it is gone from your system before you try to reinstall it.

BTW
    :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

3. sfbowler

sfbowler TS Rookie Topic Starter

no, when i downloaded version 9 it asked me if i wanted to keep favourites and certain settings. I ticked yes and now the version i log on with is stated as aol version 9a. so far it has logged on ok but I will wait a week and see what happens

4. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Good luck, post back with any problems

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.