Apple's upcoming iOS 7 can be navigated using head motion

By David Tom
Jun 27, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Apple has made great strides in ensuring that their iOS software is accessible to everyone. For example, those who are visually impaired can use Speak Selection to read out text messages and emails that would otherwise go unseen. An option...

Read more
  2. Who's the ***** that approved the icons to have the same flat look at Windows and Android?
  3. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 961   +98

One will look very peculiar when twitching their head left and right at the airport or at Starbucks ;) Oh and the head injuries I foresee with this *rolls eyes*

(I know, it is aimed at different market)
  4. Hahaha head motion control... never thought I'd see the day...
  5. VrsTech

VrsTech Newcomer, in training

Wow Head Motion.... I'm pretty sure someone out there is going to make some type of game for head, why don't they just say neck movement or something.. haha head motion might benefit women.. LOL I can see bunch of people looking like retarts at Starbucks..
  6. gbird

gbird Newcomer, in training

Boo Hoo, next big thing from SAMSUNG on the Galaxy S5 will be MIND CONTROL**
  7. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

The government will confiscate it before it's released and no one will ever hear about it again
  8. sudheersayz

sudheersayz Newcomer, in training

Icons are annoying.
  9. Emexrulsier

Emexrulsier TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 206   +6

Which way do I move my head so the phone flies off into the trash/bin ?
  10. Nobina

Nobina TechSpot Booster Posts: 359   +71

Wow! Useless.
  11. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,921   +724

I can navigate iOS 7 just by moving my head??? Now why would I do that when I can avoid Apple & iOS 7 just by using my head?
    highlander84 likes this.

12. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,799   +882

It is the trend.
  13. Railman

Railman TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 574   +76

Control by head movement is only likely to be used by a very small group of people but I suspect those persons will be grateful for the opportunities given. I am not an Apple fan but credit where due I back them on this project.
  14. avoidz

avoidz TechSpot Maniac Posts: 454   +54

I guess phone morons already walk along seemingly talking to themselves with Bluetooth. So why not add bizarre head twitching to the whole experience.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.