Archive corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prevs

Hey I was wondering, I just finished downloading a program of bittorrent it was in a rar archive and it took me ages. The archive is made up of smaller compressed files now I assumed that if i open the first one it would combine all the files into one. But all it did was extract them into a single directory, I clicked on the first compressed file and it uncompressed then gave me the error
("! CRC failed in ....(prog name). The file is corrupt"). But I tested it for error using the test archive function in 3 different compress programe and they say the archive hasnt got any errors.

I know this makes me sound like noob but can someone tell me how to go about uncompressing it or is it really corrupted

Are you using winrar? and are you absolutely sure that you clicked on the first rar file?
The first one can often be a .rar or .r00.

I don`t know if this is your problem, but it might be.

Run Winra and click on the options tab, select settings and then the integration tab. In the lefthand pane, untick associate winra with ISO, click ok and close Winra.

What first appeared to be a rar file, may actually be an ISO image. However, unless Winra is set not to be associated with ISO images, it will look like a rar file.

On the other hand, it may be a rar file, that once it`s extracted turns out to be an ISO image.

If this doesn`t help, just ignore this post.

With my moderators hat on, I have to tell you that Techspot does not condone any form of piracy.

If it becomes clear, that`s what is going on here, I`ll have to close this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Yeah ill post some screen shots

yeah the archive starts at part1, which is what i click on, it then extracts part 1 and asks for part2 which i have to state the path back to the archive location on drivs C:. It then says theirs a crc error or something but when i test the archive its fine

no hope

yeah ime pretty sure the archive is beyond recovery I ran a check of the SFV file and it said that files were missing, anyways live and learn

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back