TechSpot

Arctic cooling Accelero Xtreme 8800 Cooler

By Rab2140
Mar 3, 2008
  1. On good advice from techspot forum members i purchased the Arctic cooling Accelero Xtreme 8800 gtx , ultra and gts cooler and it arrived today for my gtx.

I am very pleased to announce that this cooler is absolutley excellent and it is definatley worth the 33 pound i spent to put it into perspective yesturday with room temp at 23 oc my idle temps where over 60 oc and about 75 load , now this was also due to the really bad thermal paste i used. with the stock paste and no case fans i was getting 57 idle and about 65 load.

With this cooler and no case fans on it is a cool 41-2 oc and load is 45- 7 i think this is brilliant because my computer is beside a radiator :p and to achieve these temps with no case fans on an 8800 gtx is just plane brilliant.

I have 3 120 mm and 1 80mm case fans and sadly can not test them because my psu is being funny i have a 600w enermax noise taker 2 on its way and should be here by wed when i hook it up and switch on all my case fans im expecting another 10oc drop in temp and the cooler came with pre applied high performance thermal paste so i left it on, I have as5 and that might drop the temps even further.

So based on the fact that my comp is beside a radiator with a room temp of 23 oc and no case fans going in my case at the min , for a cooler to get temps of 41-42 oc idle and 45-47 load in these conditions and for my case fans expecting to drop that by another 10 oc id say for an air cooler, this is top of its class :).

When i get my new power suplly ill post some more results with crysis and cod 4 etc . Cheers all ;)

2. kpo6969

kpo6969 TS Maniac Posts: 875

Good luck
    Post back results
    Your case must be huge

3. Rab2140

Rab2140 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 128

Cheers Kpo its just a pefect fit no more no less lol. Ill post a pic of my pc to when i get my new psu ;)

4. Rab2140

Hi all, My new power supply came today and its all hooked up i done tests on team fortress 2 , cod4 and crysis and the results are great with all my 3 of my fans turned on my idle temp is 38oc and load temps on :

TF2 load- [​IMG]

COD4 load- [​IMG]

Crysis Load all maxed- [​IMG]

My Comp and cooler-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. kpo6969

kpo6969 TS Maniac Posts: 875

Nice, good job.

6. Rab2140

Cheers ;) KPO

7. pretaz19

pretaz19 TS Rookie Posts: 17

wow that is sagnificant, i shall purchase the same =)

8. pretaz19

pretaz19 TS Rookie Posts: 17

sorry acidental double post,

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.