Arctic cooling Accelero Xtreme 8800 Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rab2140

On good advice from techspot forum members i purchased the Arctic cooling Accelero Xtreme 8800 gtx , ultra and gts cooler and it arrived today for my gtx.

I am very pleased to announce that this cooler is absolutley excellent and it is definatley worth the 33 pound i spent to put it into perspective yesturday with room temp at 23 oc my idle temps where over 60 oc and about 75 load , now this was also due to the really bad thermal paste i used. with the stock paste and no case fans i was getting 57 idle and about 65 load.

With this cooler and no case fans on it is a cool 41-2 oc and load is 45- 7 i think this is brilliant because my computer is beside a radiator :p and to achieve these temps with no case fans on an 8800 gtx is just plane brilliant.

I have 3 120 mm and 1 80mm case fans and sadly can not test them because my psu is being funny i have a 600w enermax noise taker 2 on its way and should be here by wed when i hook it up and switch on all my case fans im expecting another 10oc drop in temp and the cooler came with pre applied high performance thermal paste so i left it on, I have as5 and that might drop the temps even further.

So based on the fact that my comp is beside a radiator with a room temp of 23 oc and no case fans going in my case at the min , for a cooler to get temps of 41-42 oc idle and 45-47 load in these conditions and for my case fans expecting to drop that by another 10 oc id say for an air cooler, this is top of its class :).

When i get my new power suplly ill post some more results with crysis and cod 4 etc . Cheers all ;)

Cheers Kpo its just a pefect fit no more no less lol. Ill post a pic of my pc to when i get my new psu ;)

Hi all, My new power supply came today and its all hooked up i done tests on team fortress 2 , cod4 and crysis and the results are great with all my 3 of my fans turned on my idle temp is 38oc and load temps on :

TF2 load-

COD4 load-

Crysis Load all maxed-

My Comp and cooler-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back