Are my PC specs good for gaming? What to improve?

By fun204
Sep 18, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, I currently play a PC game called World of Tanks, aswell as many other little games such as TF2, Minecraft, etc.

I'm not able to run WoT smoothly, and I have most of the graphics settings down. I'd like to play on high-max settings on most games.

Here are my specs: (I don't know much about computers so I'm posting everything)
    - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    - Lenovo Ideacentree K330A
    - Intel(R) Core(TM) is-2100 CPU @ 3.10 GHz (4 CPU's)
    - 8192 MB RAM
    - Direct X11
    - ATI Radeon HD 5450 Graphics card

Which should I upgrade first to get better FPS in games? Thank you, and if you need additional information, please ask.
  2. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,672   +9

The CPU and memory are fine. The only thing to upgrade would be your GPU. You might also have to get yourself a decent power supply to be able to run the GPU. What's the power rating of your current PSU?
  3. fun204

fun204 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I know the last time we upgraded graphics cards we got a better power supply. What graphics card do you recommend? And would getting this better graphics card require extra cooling or something? Thanks for the help. :D
  4. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,672   +9

You must first give us a budget. What PSU do you presently have? And no, you won't require any extra cooling.