Are these components all compatible with eachother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

CASE/PSU = Antec sonata II with 450W smartpower PSU
CPU = Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe
MOBO = Intel DP965LT
Graphics Card = Asus 7600GT
RAM = Legend 1gb 667mhz 240pin
HDD = Western Digital Caviar 200gb 7200rpm
DVD Burner = LG 16x dual layer
DVD reader/cd burner = LG Combo Drive
Floppy = Standard
Monitor = Samsung Syncmaster 753s (maybe I will upgrade to LCD soon)
Mouse = Microsoft Optical Scroll
Keyboard = Standard Microsoft Keyboard

Basically all I need to know if these components are all compatible with eachother...

All help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Korrupt

Anyone else confirm this? Also, does a core 2 duo work on winxp pro 32 or only 64?

Regards,

Korrupt

korrupt said:
Anyone else confirm this? Also, does a core 2 duo work on winxp pro 32 or only 64?

Regards,

Korrupt

Either one will work a 32 bit OS is compatible with a 64 bit processer. I personally see no advantage in useing XP pro 64 bit sence most software still only supports 32 bit anyway and win XP 64 bit has alot of bugs. If you want a true 64 bit OS you will either have too wait for vista or install a 64 bit linux distro.

Thanks for your reply. I was under the impression that unless you have a 64bit version of windows, only one of the cores would work.

Also, what happens on games etc, which are not compatible with dual core CPU's? I assume they will run using a single core? But if only one of the cores is used, is a dual core still faster in games etc then a equally priced single core?

Regards,

Korrupt

korrupt said:
Thanks for your reply. I was under the impression that unless you have a 64bit version of windows, only one of the cores would work.

Also, what happens on games etc, which are not compatible with dual core CPU's? I assume they will run using a single core? But if only one of the cores is used, is a dual core still faster in games etc then a equally priced single core?

Regards,

Korrupt

All versions of XP pro support dual core. If software is not compatible with dual core it does just use one core. On games that don't support dual core an equivalent single core is just as fast, but many new games are supporting dual core.They split the processes equally among both cores improveing performance. I belive that eventually all software will support multiple cores this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back