Are these speakers and soundcard good for loud music and gaming?

Aug 3, 2006
  1. WELL i went ahead and ordered these for my pc tell me what you think and how good they will be..

* 1 of: Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 5-Piece Speaker System with Subwoofer

* 1 of: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Card ( 70SB046000007 )

from what i heard these 2 together will be loud as hell and those speakers are the best out by give me your ideas on these items i got..should be getting them friday did a 1 day delivery.
  2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Well those speakers are generally for people that like good sound rather then just "loud" noises but it's also very capable noise-wise so you should be fine.
  3. es84

es84 TS Rookie Posts: 48

thats a real neat sound card , specially for gaming, u need to go through the owner manual to learn what all the options do , the card can really perform
  4. Ruben

Ruben TS Rookie Posts: 100

Logitechs Z5500 are very popular and famous for strong bass but there are 2 things to consider:

1) some people complain about shielding issues with these speakers, see this for reference:

2) these are digital speakers in that they have built in digital to analog converter. Your sound card also has such converter so you are paying twice for the same stuff.

I would rather recommend analog speaker set from Teufel, Klipsch or perhaps Creative - especially if you gonna get their sound card. I mean most likely they test their sound cards with their speakers so you should not have any issues.

X-Fi is no brainer, the best card out there. Have one myself. Paid lots more then what it sells for now - it can be found for less then $100, damm..
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.