Argh - More Bluescreen Dram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh - More Bluescreen Drama

Hey guys,

I see alot of you are having some problems with the dreaded BSOD too.

Ive read the stickys and memtested my ram/gone through the troubleshooting but unfortouantely it hasn't helped.

Basically whats happened is my system was running fine for about a week (only put it together then) and then all of a sudden in the last day or 2 ive been getting BSOD's more and more frequently to the point where its happening within 30 mins of booting up. They vary in the error given some are page_fault_in_non_paged_area others are irq_less_than_equal and its really starting to frustrate me. Initially I thought ok, bad ram, thats usually what causes blue screens in my experience so I went and replaced my ram (recently bought) with a brand new stick and still the same deal.

Im not too sure how to read the dump files so I was hoping someone here could help but ive given it a shot and from what I can gather errors seem to come up in ntoskrnl.exe (which is like the windows kernel yeah!?) and easdrv.sys - at least thats what the dump files tell me but then again I really dont know much about this. Other then that Im pretty computery savy and have been able to fix most problems like this before (usually with a format, reinstall or even replacing hardware components) but ive done all those things in this case and I just cant figure out wtf is going on!

The only thing I can think of is I recently bought a nvidia 9600GT and put that in but I really dont think thats the cause of the screens as Ive taken it out of the system and just run it with onboard video to make sure.

Ive attatched the .dmp files for the last 4 crashes and my specs are

Core2Duo (1.8ghz)
Intel D946GZIS
Nvidia 9600GT
2GB Corsair 667 Ram

any help would be much appreciated.

cheers,

J

Three minidumps were error 0x050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

* The same core Windows driver was cited which is too general to help but does point to potential hardware issues.

The fourth minidump is 0xD1 and these are almost always caused by faulty drivers or buggy software. In your case easdrv.sys was cited and this is an Eset anti-stealth driver.

1. How long did you run MemTest? A minimum of 7-10 passes?

2. Have you scanned for possible infections?

* I also suggest going over to Eset's official forums at www.wilderssecurity.com and poist there of your issue along with your 0xD1 crash and the driver cited. You can get good solid and reliable help there.

Hi Route,

Yup ran memtest overnight/day for a grandtotal of 52 passes which came up good *touchwood*

2. Have you scanned for possible infections?
Yup did a full system scan but should probably try again as it was a while ago before the blue screens (these only started happening in the last few days). Will try that thanks.

* I also suggest going over to Eset's official forums at wilderssecurity.com and poist there of your issue along with your 0xD1 crash and the driver cited. You can get good solid and reliable help there.
Ah cool, i will poke around there and see what I can find.

thanks for your speedy response! do yout hink its hardware related?
Ive just taken of nod32 alltogether for the time being... threw on avg instead.

Keep us up-to-date on how it is going for you. I run NOD32 and love it. As to whether or not your issue is actually hardware related I would lean towards "yes" because of the 0x50 error reads, but with computers you never know and we really have nothing definitive yet.

I got a BSOD with NOD32 about a year ago but my issue was actually faulty memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back