TechSpot

Arrested Development illegally downloaded 100,000 times in first day

By Dave LeClair
May 29, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Netflix recently launched another exclusive on its video streaming service, this time bringing back a classic from the early 2000s, the critically acclaimed sitcom Arrested Development. Fifteen new episodes launched on May 26 and they are already quite popular on...

Read more

2. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,284   +157

Publicity stunt?

Pirate bay says Arrested Development seasons 1,2,and 3 only has 191 seeds at the moment.

In comparison game of thrones episode 8 has 29302.

3. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Booster Posts: 186   +39

Just a number...what is the ratio? If 100,000 compared to 3,457,653,234, I would say "so what".

4. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,197   +751

True, but there's only about 100 million households in the US, so 3 billion downloads would be quite an achievement. :) Also, this was in the first day, not total.

What I want to know is if the show is any good. It's front and center when you log into Netflix, but the commercials I've seen look really dumb to me. Anyone watched it?

5. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Guru Posts: 593   +47

Start from the beginning. It's hilarious. Of course, the humor may not be for everyone.

6. Jesse

Jesse TechSpot Staff Posts: 369   +40

I loved seasons 1-3, but season 4 really isn't doing it for me in the same way. Enjoyable, certainly, but a little disappointing after waiting so long. I'd still highly recommend the whole series though.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.