Arrrgh!!! it's probably so simple I can't figure it out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought the Audigy Platinum 24 bit sound card, and everything is installed and showing that it is all working correctly, however I have no sound.... That is until I raise the volume faders (any volume fader in any of the programs) once I raise the volume fader the sound is working, but as soon as I release the volume fader, it fades/falls back to zero..... I cannot seem to lock the volume in position so that the sound will stay on. The only time the volume control stays locked is when I click the "digital output only" option, but the sound turns to complete trash....... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, I'M DESPERATE!!! I've uninstalled and reinstalled the card, the drivers, and the software multiple times, and I get the same results each time. I'm running windows ME.

Do a Google search. There may be issues with that card and ME. I used to have problems with SB cards in Win 2000. Volume would come out full blast until Creative finally released a patch that worked. Also check Creatives site for a patch or solution.

I had that problem before and tried everything to fix it but couldn't figure it out so I had to reformat my whole computer puke: but it fixed the prolblem for me.

Chaeck that the volume control on your keyboard isn't set to very low volume. Check all volume controls in windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back