Artemis mission to the Moon surface

According to the recent space news, NASA has revealed the crew for the Artemis mission in 2022 (if I am not mistaken ) What is your expectation from this mission and other projects which are about to happen in the nearest future?

Given how quickly Obama/Biden cancelled NASA's last manned lunar mission (viz. Constellation) after assuming office, I don't hold out much hope for this one surviving.

Still something like 3 years off so you never know.
Constellation was already performing test flights when Obama took office in 2009 and almost immediately cancelled the program. As a result, the US had for more than a decade to rely on Russia to launch American astronauts into space, a situation that didn't change until this year, when SpaceX's Dragon made its first manned mission to the ISS.

Constellation was already performing test flights when Obama took office in 2009 and almost immediately cancelled the program. As a result, the US had for more than a decade to rely on Russia to launch American astronauts into space, a situation that didn't change until this year, when SpaceX's Dragon made its first manned mission to the ISS.
Constellation was canceled for numerous good reasons though. Good riddance is a sentiment that came to mind. WAY over budget after budget and lacked innovation. The program was canceled even though the overall NASA budget was increased at the same time. It was a good sound move. Even NASA leadership was for it. Nice try......No it wasnt.

EDIT:

From the article:
"NASA Administrator Charles Bolden expressed support for the budget request, saying that he was "excited" to present the president's proposal, which would add $6 billion to NASA's total outlay over the next five years. Bolden said that he and Obama agreed that Constellation was in an untenable position".
END EDIT

On the other hand. Obama was Obamaing even before Hunter Biden was Bidening. So then Hunter Biden figured Biden should Obama before Bidens Bidening became to much of an Obama. Oh well. Even a Hunter Biden can do the Bideny things that make Obamaing more of a Bideny thing that Obama can be happy with.

Last edited:
Constellation was canceled for numerous good reasons though... WAY over budget
Not nearly as over budget as the Apollo program. Perhaps we should have cancelled that one too, eh?

The program was canceled even though the overall NASA budget was increased at the same time.
NASA's budget was already set for 2010 when Obama took office in 2009. Over the next several years, Obama cut NASA's budget sharply:

2010: $21.95 Billion
2011: $20.96 Billion
2012: $19.79 Billion
2013: $18.51 Billion

Much worse than axing Constellation was the fact that the Obama Administration had no plan to replace it with anything. They simply left the US -- for the first time since 1961 -- with no manned space program whatsoever.

Even NASA leadership was for it....NASA Administrator Charles Bolden expressed support for the budget request
Haha, you mean the man Obama hand-picked in 2009 to force through those budget reductions? Yeah, big surprise there.

"On May 23, 2009, President Barack Obama announced the nomination of Bolden as NASA administrator...Bolden was the first African American to head the agency ..."

Not nearly as over budget as the Apollo program
But the OPs subject was Artemis.
NASA's budget was already set for 2010 when Obama took office in 2009.
I said it was INCREASED. Reading is fundamental. The 6 billion was an addition to established budget expectations.
Haha, you mean the man Obama hand-picked
Surprise everyone. Sybils so-called "handpicked" was not. Yes, he was nominated. The Senate confirmed it. Guess by how much though.
Yes. The first African American to head the Agency. No surprise you left out that he flew 100+ sorties in Nam. He also flew 4 shuttle missions with around 700 hours logged in space and one mission as Commander.

Good news Mommie dearest. I'm not going to play in this thread. It's one thing when you hijack a Techspot thread. Maybe they almost expect it sometimes due to the subject matter.

This is a user's thread. You tried to hijack it after my post and inject your own brand of partial truth and full circle innuendo. I ignored you so you persisted in your incoherent off the topic points.

So you get to keep your lunch money today. Lie away and don't forget the full 360 off-topic bullshit. I'm finished with you here.

Last edited:
I said it was INCREASED. Reading is fundamental. The 6 billion was an addition to established budget expectations.
Facts are fundamental also. Obama promised a $6B budget increase. He didn't deliver. Instead, he did the exact opposite, and cut the budget sharply. In the real world, you don't get credit for empty words.

In a thread about an upcoming manned space mission, pointing out that a prior administration demolished the entire US manned space program is far from off topic, especially when half that administration is about to return to office.

So far your only rebuttal has been insults, along with noting that Obama managed to find a man who, in exchange for being granted a well-paid position of authority, agreed to implement Obama's wrecking-ball proposals for NASA. Here's what others had to say:

BBC News: Obama Nasa plans 'catastrophic' say Moon astronauts

NBC: NASA Grieves over cancelled Constellation Program

The Hill: How Barack Obama ruined NASA space exploration

I don`t know that for sure, but the rumors of canceling the Moon mission might be not rumors at all. It was rumored that the government was going to cancel the Artemis mission, but as we can see it`s a wrong statement. So I wanna see more thoughts about the next Moon missions.

Back