Assistance for $650-700 budget gaming PC

By evilsmith
Dec 27, 2013
Post New Reply
    • What are you going to use the PC for?
    PC is going to be used for gaming. Currently I don't play any graphic demanding games currently (Starcraft 2, League of Legends, and Dota 2) but I intend to keep this build for awhile so I want it to be able to play some future games at a decent setting. Other than that the computer will be used for videos streaming, like Hulu, Youtube, Netflix etc.
    • How much is your budget?
    Budget is maximum 700 so I think aiming for around 650 without taxes would be perfect.
    • Where are you located and what sort of system do you currently have, if any? (I.e. fill out your profile)
    I am currently located in California.
    • Are you going to buy online or from a retail store? (be sure to think about shipping costs in this case)
    I would be buying online only, preferably Newegg.
    • Are you going to re-use anything from your current rig?
    Nothing is being is re-used.
    • Do you need peripherals like a monitor, keyboard and mouse, amongst others?
    I have every peripheral except for a mouse. I'll probably just be buying a cheap $10 mouse.
    • Have you already bought any components?
    No components have been bought.
    • Do you already have an Operating System (OS) or will you be buying one? (this may add a significant amount of cost to a low-budget system)
    No OS is necessary as my school gives out free Windows.
    • Will you need any aftermarket cooling, such as a CPU\GPU cooler or a watercooling setup?
    No aftermarket cooling will be necessary or watercooling.

Side Note: I had an issue last time with the motherboard and CPU not being compatible (even though both said they were compatible) due to the BIOS not being updated. So hopefully I can avoid that issue again.

Anyways hopefully I can get some help and advice.Thanks in advance, I have never been disappointed by the TechSpot community when asking for help.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.