TechSpot

ASUS A7N8X-E DX - Gigabit Lan Problem

By Captain_Jon
Oct 10, 2004
  1. I have just built a new computer, for my daughter, with the ASUS A7N8X-E DX and I am having a problem 'seeing' the Gigabit lan...

There is no sign of the device when I open Network Connections ... Nothing happens when I connect a cable to that port at the back... I double checked that the jumper on GLAN_SW was properly set (I even tried it the other way!)... When I load the ASUS CD I don't get the option to load the Marvell Gigabit LAN Driver which suggests that the system is not detecting this port as an installed device... Finally, when I look at Device Manager, there is nothing in the Network adapters except the NVIDIA NForce MCP Networking Controller and the 1394 adapter!

Any ideas on what is wrong? Shouldn't I be able to see something for this port in Network Connections & Network Adapters (Device Manager)?

2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

3. Captain_Jon

Captain_Jon TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 31

Sorry... I was so into this problem that I didn't search until after I posted.... then I came back to point this out in this thread and saw your message!!

Unfortunately, that other thread never solved the issue. It seems that there are quite a few people in the same situation as me in that this port is not functioning or being detected by the system!!

4. JoVankaam

JoVankaam TS Rookie

Hi,

have a look at my post in Gigabit Lan on Asus A7N8X-E not registering

May be this could help you

:stickout:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.