TechSpot

ASUS A7N8X On-Board sound problem

By TheDrizzle50
Feb 22, 2007
  1. I recently bought a nforce 590 SLi and 2x GeForce 8800GTS's and I swapped the nforce2 out for the nforce 590 not realizing that I didn't have a power supply that would handle the board and cards. I swapped the A7N8X back in and then magically my on-board sound didn't work and my DVI port on the back of my AGP GeForce 6600 didn't work either. ( I fixed the DVI problem which was a pain in the @$$) but I can't seem to get the on-board sound to work at all. The speakers and sub work find I hooked them up to my Zune and it plays fine. Any help getting it back to working condition is greatly appreciated. Thanks~!

2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

reinstall your sound drivers.

3. TheDrizzle50

TheDrizzle50 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 16

I tried that already I even re-installed the operating system as as last resort and still the same problem =[. I also installed windows vista just to see if it would work and it didn't either. It shows up that I do have sound but its not being transferred to my speakers through the jack on the back.

4. Tedster

did you reinstall the motherboard drivers.... if you have done that also, then there is something physically wrong with the motherboard.

5. TheDrizzle50

Yeah i've done that also numerous times and numerous versions. I don't recall damaging the motherboard though in any way during the swap. Wierd...do you know of a way to fix it manually?

6. TheDrizzle50

Its wierd how it could just stop working like that.

7. Tedster

if you have replaced all your drivers and also done a clean install, then you have a hardware issue. I recommend RMA'ing the board. My last motherboard had a 3 year warranty.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.