ASUS A7V135 w/ Antec power supply wont boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
man oh man. this is bugging me. here what happend...

have the ASUS A7V135 mobo lyin' around. put it in a ****ty old dell chasis and replaced the power supply with an antec 300w i had lyin' around also.
hooked it up with other random scavenged parts. 2 HD, CD, ZIP, and floppy. put an old nvidia and sound card in. the whole thing booted up fine once or twice, but now i get nothing when i plug it in! i dont get it! since the chasis panel is custom for whatever mobo this thing used it has its own panel controls that arent compatible with the ASUS, so the only way i had been turning it on and off was with the power strip.....now when i turn it on it refuses to do anything, as opposed to when i used to hear fans and HD's whirlin away. what bugs me the most is that the green LED on the mobo is lit up when i plug it in!...whats going onnnn!?!?!

What do you mean by "power strip"? How did you turn it off and on?

I just put my new pewter together, and had something similar to what you describe at first. I had the green light on the board, but NOTHING would move, no fan nothing.

Turned out I had the case's front panel power switch connected wrong. Your problem sounds like it has SOMETHING to do with that power switch.

its not connected to the panel switch. thats the point! i was turning it on and off (the entire computer powersupply and monitor) by using the switch on the powerstrip they were connected to. the mobo was NEVER connected to the panel switch because the panel switch is made for weird a weird old ****ty dell motherboard. i have tried it with nothing except the videocard and still...nothing!

to start the system with your power/green light on. you'll need to use a metal conductor (screwdriver, bent paperclip...) to briefly complete a circuit between the two power button hookup pins on your motherboard, thus simulating what would happen if a proper button was hooked up and it was being pushed. make sure you don't touch any pins with that metal once the machine is running, as you could easily create a wire-melting short. you can also probably rewire the fp switch so it is properly connected, i'd use a multimeter to test before use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back