ASUS A7V8X-X/LAN problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i just bought a new AMD Athlon XP 2600+
ASUS A7V8X-X/LAN Broadband Ready, 8 x AGP Slot, 6 PCI Slots, 6 USB Ports.
256Mb DDR 333
80Gb Hard Drive @ 7200 RPM
52 x 24 x 52 CDRW Drive
GE-Force FX5200 128Mb DDR 8X +TV Out Outstanding Graphics Card.
5.1 Surround Sound

the computer runs fine but some times restarts by itself why is this happening i have installed the asus motherboard utilty cd which is called ASUS PC PROBE i check the computer status everything is ok but is says :

power fan is below threshold

chassis fan below threshold

is this a problem how do i fix this whats going on please someone tell me....................... Thank You!:grinthumb

i think i read a post here about something like this happening, i guess they were on XP tho, and instead of the blue screen of death appearing (crash screen) XP would just restart automatically, you might wanna check that out, and maybe who ever posted that original post i read could post here to clarify..;)

Originally posted by acneil
this is an easy fix. you have a driver that is failing and blue screening xp, except that the default options in xp are to auto reboot and not show the blue screen anymore, they started this after getting so many complaints about blue screens of death, so M$ said ok well we will just hide that little blue screen. surprise xp is great no more blue screens!

ya right, to turn this off so it wont auto reboot go:

to the properties of the my computer icon, or the system icon in control panel.

then the advanced tab

then the settings button for startup and recovery

then half way down uncheck automatically restart

then reboot, and from now on when the driver and or device kills xp it will give you the blue screen and you can debug what the problem is exactely.

when you get that blue screen and after you get the info you need (driver or hardware name or names, location etc) then use your pc's power button to shut down.

get a new driver, reinstall your driver, or disable the hardware.

here

This might be the problem, maybe the fix as well to what you are experiencing...

ill try this cheers mate, thanks if this aint the problem can it be that i need more ddr ram to run my computer and my graphics card, i was told that minum should be 512mb ddr 333 ram...............

no problem, yeah i need to update my ram, actually im hoping to by 512 mb this coming friday... lol payday for me.. then my system will be running better, lately its been starting to run really sluggish, and i've only had it about a month now...

Not having enough Ram could result in intensive swapping & slow overall performance, it should not result in reboots.

The message you're getting with ASUS PC Probe, means the speeds reported for yoru Power & Chassis fan are below threshold. Go the PC Probe Settings & eventually lower the threshold or if you don't have any fans installed on the Chassis & Power fan connectors on the board, you can simply deactivate the warning for those values.

We might need a little more info about your restarts. When do they occur ? Is it when the PC is inder full load or completely random ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back