ASUS K8V Motherboard Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard that I'm using with the recommended Kingmax 512 MB memory and an Athlon 64+ 3000+ processor. I can start it up if I reset the CMOS, but after that and adjusting settings in the BIOS it just goes black screen and shuts off shortly afterwards.

It says something about the VCore voltage being wrong. I really have no clue what I'm doing and am looking for the appropriate settings for the BIOS on this computer. Any help would be appreciated.

- Jeff

Tried that.

I've actually tried loading the default settings and it does the exact same thing. I think I may have a bigger problem with the board and the processor. It's not the ram because I swapped it out with a friends and it does the same thing.

I was wondering if anyone knew what the correct (non-oc'ed) settings were for this board, processor and ram.

Asus K8V SE Deluxe
2x Kingmax 512 DDR 400
Athlon 64 3000+

These exact memory chips are listed under the supported RAM from ASUS. Any help is appreciated.

hi, i have this board and whenever I f*cked it up by doing stuff in the BIOS or BIOS updating, I opened my case and took out the silver battery for 10 secs then plugged it back in and turned PC on.

It resets the whole BIOS to the manufactures defaults and it might work for u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back