Asus Motherboard P4S800D-X Audio Driver For SoundMAX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus Motherboard P4S800D-X Audio Driver For SoundMAX:

I am unfortunately having the same problem most of everyone else is i cant install i drivers and i need some help so please do so. At the end of installation it says the driver can be found please restart and stuff i have tried random thing and it still doesn't work. I have an Asus Motherboard ID: P4S00D-X and it has an onboard sound card called SoundMax and i can seem to install the drivers. Can anybody help?

You go here:

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Use the download shortcut at top left hand side and get the appropriate driver for your OS and then download and install.

I usually recommend:

To install drivers from the internet:

go into Windows Explorer, left click on Desktop, then File, then New and then Folder - name the folder XXXDrivers (where XXX = type, eg, AudioDrivers)

go to the site for your driver, find the RIGHT one for your mobo and OS,(click on the nearest site to you if appropriate) and then download button - when asked where to 'save' the download specify your desktop folder XXXDrivers and wait until the download is complete.

Once it is done, clear your screen and click on the desktop folder and then on the file inside - if it is a zip or rar file it will need to be unzipped or unpacked - make sure if you are asked to specify where to unzip/unpack to tell it to do so to the XXXDrivers folder.

Once you are done that, uninstall the old drivers for the device and then select the device and specify update drivers and direct the search to the folder you made (don't let Windows do it).

Ok when i have extracted it and everything in the folder on the desktop i go inside another folder for windows xp and then i click install it doesnt do anything.

please help

Hi Chaoticjoy,
Unfortunately, your particular drivers do not have an automatic installation method. You'll have to install them manually.

To do this:
1) Unzip the file from the asus website to your desktop or elsewhere. Remember where you have unzipped them.
2) Find the icon for "My Computer", right click on this and select Properties.
3) The next window, click on the Hardware tab at the top, then click the button labeled: "Device Manager"
4) Look on the list for your soundcard. It will likely be labeled "Multimedia Audio controller", something similar or have a yellow ! or red X by it's name.
5) Right-click on this entry and select "Update Driver"
6) On the Hardware Update Wizard, if it firsts asks if Windows can connect to Windows Update, select "No, not this time" then click Next at the bottom.
7) On the next screen, click the bottom option for "Install from a list or specific location"
8) At the top, CHECK "Include this location in search" and click the Browse button.
9) Locate the folder where you unzipped the drivers. Go all the way to the "WIN2K_XP" folder within then click OK.
10) When back to the wizard, click next.

It may give you a warning with "STOP" or "CONTINUE ANYWAYS" to warn you if the driver isn't WHQL certified. You should tell it to CONTINUE ANYWAYS.

Eventually, you should be able to Finish the hardware wizard and your device, with any luck, will now have the drivers installed.

I'd recommend a reboot whether it asks or not to ensure it comes back up next boot.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back