TechSpot

ASUS P4P800-VM Issues

By Sully
May 3, 2006
  1. My mobo is not recognized by the ASUS update utility. Also the Intel Chipset Identification utility does not recognize the chipset. I believe these problems are what is the cause of my SATA drive issue. One of my SATA drives will freeze my XP system. I was told that I should install the drivers from my mobo, becuase this is what is causing the freezing. So any clues as to why the ASUS and Intel utilities are responding as such? I have already reinstalled my XP twice to no satifaction. I have also cleared the CMOS. Not getting any attention from ASUS.

2. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,569

can you flash the bios to the latest version? i'm assuming that you have correctly identified your board and have acquired the correct drivers/updates for it.

3. Sully

Sully TS Rookie Topic Starter

Asus P4p800-vm

Yes I already flashed the bios to the latest. I'm still the same problem.

4. zephead

try using a different revision of your asus drivers/software

i reccomend running cpu-z and checking the resulting info

5. Sully

P4p80-vm

System Info by Gabriel and CPU-Z both register my board. ASUS can't detect my board and Intel can't detect the chipset even with the latest utilities from each. Why is this? Do you think there is a problem with my mobo or is XP screwing things up.

6. zephead

do you have any version of the ASUS chipset drivers installed?

7. Sully

P4p800-vm

yes the Intel chipsets are installed. Which is why I have it strange that intel cannot detect the chipset and ASUS cannot detect the motherboard. CPU-Z and System Info both detect the motherboard and chipsets installed.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.