Asus p4s533 questions and case

Status
Not open for further replies.
a few technical questions.

1st , I received my pc last week.. the installer had the HDD LDD put into the message LED on the MB and the yellow IDE light would not light, so i took it out and put it into the HDD LED on the mb.. now the 2 wires are red and black is this ok? the lights works fine now only when the HD is running.. Does the red wire mean anything like power or something? did i do the right thing, also why did he have it hooked up to the message LED?

2nd. I ran sandra and ran the mainboard information. Although i cant capture the screen it wont let me, i will tell u something that dont make sense.

under system memory controller it says

bank 1 dimm 1 empty
bank 2 dimm 2 empty
bank 3 dimm 3 dimm sychronous dram 512mb/64

is this right? if so then why under

logical/ chipset/memory banks ,(it says)

powerdown mode no
fixed hole present no

shouldnt it tell me my bank settings? i compare to other benchmark sites and they have different wordings in there sandra programs?

If i check the fan speeds in the bios i only get speeds for 2 fans. i think the cpu and the power but no chassis? why is this?
but in the asus probe i get values for cpu and chassis but no power? does this make sense? should i get all 3 values for fans? i have an antec s1000 case.. I have 1 cpu fan, 2 others next to it and i guess the power supply fan. am i missing something?

under system memory controller it says
bank 1 dimm 1 empty
bank 2 dimm 2 empty
bank 3 dimm 3 dimm sychronous dram 512mb/64

is this right?

Your stick of RAM is probably in the wrong RAM slot on your motherboard.

If i check the fan speeds in the bios i only get speeds for 2 fans. i think the cpu and the power but no chassis?

The fans are probably hooked up to the wrong fan connectors on the motherboard. Also as far as I know there is no way of determining how fast the fan inside your PSU is running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back