asus p4s533 questions and case

By nyorker
Jun 18, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a few technical questions.

1st , I received my pc last week.. the installer had the HDD LDD put into the message LED on the MB and the yellow IDE light would not light, so i took it out and put it into the HDD LED on the mb.. now the 2 wires are red and black is this ok? the lights works fine now only when the HD is running.. Does the red wire mean anything like power or something? did i do the right thing, also why did he have it hooked up to the message LED?

2nd. I ran sandra and ran the mainboard information. Although i cant capture the screen it wont let me, i will tell u something that dont make sense.

under system memory controller it says

bank 1 dimm 1 empty
    bank 2 dimm 2 empty
    bank 3 dimm 3 dimm sychronous dram 512mb/64

is this right? if so then why under

logical/ chipset/memory banks ,(it says)

powerdown mode no
    fixed hole present no

shouldnt it tell me my bank settings? i compare to other benchmark sites and they have different wordings in there sandra programs?

If i check the fan speeds in the bios i only get speeds for 2 fans. i think the cpu and the power but no chassis? why is this?
    but in the asus probe i get values for cpu and chassis but no power? does this make sense? should i get all 3 values for fans? i have an antec s1000 case.. I have 1 cpu fan, 2 others next to it and i guess the power supply fan. am i missing something?
  2. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 794

Your stick of RAM is probably in the wrong RAM slot on your motherboard.

The fans are probably hooked up to the wrong fan connectors on the motherboard. Also as far as I know there is no way of determining how fast the fan inside your PSU is running.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.